Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone plan on getting a set of aftermarket wheels for their Polestar 2? Normally I like to have 2 sets of wheels (summer and winter) for my cars but I'm not sure what's out there yet.

I've seen some rims already listed online from a company called ZAX, but I'm not familiar with them. Does anyone know if there are other companies with wheels that will fit?

Here's the link that I found.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For ride quality and range I'd like to find a set of smaller wheels, probably 17", that I can fit with a tire that has a thicker sidewall so I can worry less about potholes and the like. What I will need to know is whether smaller wheels can clear brakes. Has Polestar published the bolt pattern and offset or any other wheel specs?

Plus, you'll accelerate faster with smaller wheels -- less weight and rotational inertia!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I found the full tire and rim specification for both sizes of rims. This confirms that indeed the wheels/tires cannot be rotated as already mentioned in another post. The front and rear rim width is different for both the 19" and 20" wheels - in fact the rear rims are 1" wider (9") compared to the front rims (8"):

19" wheels
Front:
Tires: 245/45 R19
Rims: 8Jx19xET50
Rear:
Tires: 245/45 R19
Rims: 9Jx19xET53

20" wheels
Front:
Tires: 245/40 R20
Rims: 8Jx20xET50
Rear:
Tires: 245/40 R20
Rims: 9Jx20xET53

Rims:
bolt circle: 5 bolts 108mm
center bore: 63.3mm
ET=offset depth

Tires:
Lowest approved load index: 99
Lowest permitted speed class: H (210km/h)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ok thanks, I guess the spoke design provides the clearance without shims. I was nervous after seeing the crud buildup on Bjorn’s rims. And it appears you didn’t bother with different rim widths front and back. Good to know!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,005 Posts
Don’t like the wheels. Wrap looks good as far as I can tell

·
Registered
511 Posts
Has anybody done a wheel swap (e.g., summer to winter) and checked to see if all 4 of the tires/tyres fit in the trunk/boot on the way home from the tire/tyre shop? How tight is it?

If so, please specify 19" or 20".

·
Registered
511 Posts
OK, trying to revive this discussion about aftermarket wheels, in my case for my non-PP 19" Polestar 2. I want to get a separate set of wheels for my winter tires (FWIW, I'm getting the Michelin X-ice Snow 245/45/R19 tires). Hard to figure out an appropriate wheel set for a few reasons:

1) I can't find any major tire/wheel dealers that have the P2 listed on their website

2) The wheel size and offsets listed elsewhere on this forum (8Jx19xET50 front, and 9Jx19xET53 rear) seem a bit non-standard (well, the offset are large, at least)

• I don't know how much it matters to exactly match the offsets. This may be almost impossible without actually trying the wheel on the car (?)
  • I also don't know if I need to match the different front/back rim widths for my winter tires. Or if I could just go 8" (or 9") on both.

I need to order my winter tires now because the Michelin snows always sell out by December. So I'm going to get them now, even though my car is probably at least a few weeks out. Worst case, I can always put my snows on the stock tire for this winter and figure out a second set of wheels next summer when people actually know what a Polestar is.

Curious if anyone has anything more to add to this. Especially US folks dealing with US tire/wheel retailers.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I'm planning on doing what you suggest... Get the winter rubber and put it on the stock wheels this time around.

Reactions: babbey and JPC

·
Registered
212 Posts
OK, trying to revive this discussion about aftermarket wheels, in my case for my non-PP 19" Polestar 2. I want to get a separate set of wheels for my winter tires (FWIW, I'm getting the Michelin X-ice Snow 245/45/R19 tires). Hard to figure out an appropriate wheel set for a few reasons:

1) I can't find any major tire/wheel dealers that have the P2 listed on their website

2) The wheel size and offsets listed elsewhere on this forum (8Jx19xET50 front, and 9Jx19xET53 rear) seem a bit non-standard (well, the offset are large, at least)

• I don't know how much it matters to exactly match the offsets. This may be almost impossible without actually trying the wheel on the car (?)
  • I also don't know if I need to match the different front/back rim widths for my winter tires. Or if I could just go 8" (or 9") on both.

I need to order my winter tires now because the Michelin snows always sell out by December. So I'm going to get them now, even though my car is probably at least a few weeks out. Worst case, I can always put my snows on the stock tire for this winter and figure out a second set of wheels next summer when people actually know what a Polestar is.

Curious if anyone has anything more to add to this. Especially US folks dealing with US tire/wheel retailers.
Thé Nordic countries are a bit ahead of the US and Megahjul has quite a bit of choice specifically for P2. See below for the non PP version.
I can’t see anything on their website that indicates they ship overseas. Maybe send them an email, they may be helpful and give you some more details around where the rims get manufactured and imported from. You may find the same through some US importer.

Reactions: JPC
1 - 20 of 31 Posts