Polestar Forum banner

Polestar 2 Aftermarket Wheels

129K views 203 replies 67 participants last post by  Witchcraftz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone plan on getting a set of aftermarket wheels for their Polestar 2? I usually like to have two sets of wheels (summer and winter) for my cars, but I'm not sure what's out there yet.

I've seen some rims listed online from ZAX, but I'm unfamiliar with them. Does anyone know if there are other companies with wheels that will fit?

Here's the link that I found.

#139 ·
My Polestar is arriving in October and I’m trying to plan out my wheel/tire situation. It’s coming with summers so I’ll probably want to switch to winters maybe right away (Pennsylvania climate for reference). I’ve never owned a car with summer/winter tires before, only all-seasons, so I have no idea where to look to buy wheels. It seems like every wheel website I look at says they don’t have any for the Polestar 2 despite people in this thread clearly having multiple options for aftermarket wheels.

Is there a specific website that I should look at to buy from? Also, if someone could explain which of the size measurements need to be exact (8Jx19”xET50 for front and 9Jx19”xET53 for rear) and which don’t that would help a lot. It seems like people are having success with offsets from 35 to 50, but I personally don’t understand how that actually affects the driving performance of the car. I’m trying not to spend more than I need to (under $2.5k ideally for the tires and wheels), as I just want wheels that can work for winter tires and don’t look ugly. Thanks in advance!

#140 ·
I'm lost in this same sea as you... getting my car in the fall and trying to get ahead of winter wheels/tires but finding few clear answers. Most shops have struggled to find something sufficient and online services basically tell me nothing matches. So finding reasonably priced winter wheels with the same staggered widths and offsets is essentially impossible here in Canada. And even finding the load rating seems harder than it should be.

I ended up finding a set of wheels that someone else on this forum had successfully mounted on the Performance Pack set-up, so at least I knew they would fit before ordering. I'd reco trying to see what people have already found on here and tracking down those wheels. Or make really good friends with a really good wheel shop and have them help you work through the trial and error. Good luck!

#143 ·
Anyone know if these will fit?

Found a set with 245/45/19 winter tires on them.

Size: 19x8.5
Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x108
Offset (ET): 42
Center Bore (CB): 63.4
Finish: Matte Black
Lug Nut Seating: Conical
Weight(LBS): 29.6300928

#153 ·
Test fitted the wheels with tires today and this is how it looks. It does fit but I will have to caution that the wheel was designed with the valve stem inside the wheel barrel that will hit the Brembo calipers. They do sell flush mounted valve stem that uses an adapter for when you need to fill in air. This wheel does have another valve stem on the back side of the rim, so you can also fill up that way.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Here is the valve stem hitting the caliper. I now have flush mounted valve stems that clears without any issues.

#151 ·
A lot of shops won't guarantee fitment because they don't have enough P2 info. I bought one Rotiform rim (19" x 8.5" 45 Offset) to test before I bought 4 (see my posts earlier in this thread). The Rotiforms I bought have tons of clearance on non-PP, but I have no idea if they would work on PP. I think you will have to buy to try. Just make sure to buy from a place that accepts returns if you don't mount a tire.

#152 · (Edited)
BBS XR’s fit the PP

Specs are 20x8.5 +40 offset. Love the way they show off the calipers vs. stock.

Like others who have have mounted similar width/offset combos, they protrude a bit more in the front.

Tires are Michelin X Ice 245/40/20 and boy, there is very little rim protection with this combo. Even worse than the OEM summers stretched on 9” rears.

For the fashionistas, center caps will be switched to black & gold.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Plant Road surface Wood Grass Sidewalk
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Hood Automotive lighting

#154 ·
Finally narrowed down my choices to these 2. I personally put the 1st one as my first option but the 2nd one feels more subtle. I'm buying them with winter tires but will swap them with my polestar 20" rims come summer. What do you all think? Should I go with 1 or 2?

Alutec Speedwheels GT6 8.5x20 ET45 (can get them staggered with 9x20 but I think I'll stick to the 8.5s)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Alutec Ikenu 8.5x20 ET45
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

#164 ·
Will depend on several things, like the offset of the wheels, but an inch wider at the front in addition to any change in offset could be tricky because they’re the ones turning, so you want to make sure that extra inch doesn’t cause rubbing in the wheel well while turning. That’s at least from my very pedestrian understanding of that stuff.

#168 · (Edited)
Well, now I know why all you guys are going with 8.5" wheels. There is roughly 20-25mm of clearance between the wheel/tire and strut on the front. I used my highly accurate finger feeler gauge. This picture is with the 19" wheels. The only way to go with a 9" wide is to go to a low offset wheel which pushes them out fairly far past the fender. Like a +30 to +35 offset. Anyone make over fender flares?

Edit: a bit of a brain fart. Going to 9" wide wheels on the front with the same offset pushes the wheel 12.7mm inwards. So that still leaves roughly 8-10mm of clearance. I'm looking to go 19"x9" with around +44 offset.

Helmet Automotive lighting Jaw Bumper Eyewear

#169 ·
Well, now I know why all you guys are going with 8.5" wheels. There is roughly 20-25mm of clearance between the wheel/tire and strut on the front. I used my highly accurate finger feeler gauge. This picture is with the 19" wheels. The only way to go with a 9" wide is to go to a low offset wheel which pushes them out fairly far past the fender. Like a +30 to +35 offset. Anyone make over fender flares?

View attachment 19564
Rear 9" wheels fit front without rubbing. Bought my car used and it had 9" left and 8,5" right.

#175 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

Finally got a new set for winter! Might get the same wheels for summer.

PS: Ignore the white stuff on the wheels, these just came on and the workshop forgot to clean the lube they used to mount the tires.

#176 · (Edited)
I used a slightly shorter bolt due to the aftermarket wheels. 14x1.5 28mm I think the OEM is a little longer. This was the shop recommended bolts for my aftermarket wheel.

Anyhow, REMINDER to re-torque your bolts after a week of driving. I did yesterday and noticed they were off a little already.

#182 · (Edited)
ET45 puts the fronts sticking out pretty much the same as OEM. No spacer required for rear.

EDIT: On thinking about this some more, I need to revise my recommendation.

Since the front OEM wheel is 8" ET50, an 8.5" ET45 wheel would stick out about 11mm more than stock.

Even if you find an 8.5" ET50 wheel, it will stick out about 6mm more than stock in front.
If that is ok, then ET50 would be your best compromise but you will need to add a spacer for the rear.

#190 ·
When i picked up the car at the Vancouver Space i had them put Michelin X-Ice on the stock wheels as i did not have time to research and buy winter dedicated wheels. I have just purchased a set of Fastco Wheels (19 x 8.5) can’t remember the offset but the tire shop is telling me that it will be a direct fit. Now i am wondering if i should keep the winter tires on the stock wheels and put the stock summer tires (Michelin Primacy 4 i think) on the new Fastco wheels. That would mean staggered for winter and square for summer. Any recommendations?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.