Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of the Performance Pack, the Polestar 2 comes with a set of Brembo brakes in Swedish Gold. the setup includes two-piece 4-piston aluminum front calipers and Brembo’s exclusive dual-cast floating brake disc.

Polestar 2 Brembo Brakes

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've read plenty about the different levels of regen available as part of one pedal driving, but I haven't read anything about whether the brake pedal is blended between regen and friction, or does the pedal only engage the friction brakes?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It does regenerate when brakes are applied - so it sounds like blended braking. I hope the transition between regen and friction is smooth.

See the manual:

"
Regeneration using the brake pedal
    • Depress the brake pedal
    The vehicle brakes and charging is indicated in the instrument panel.
"

I've read plenty about the different levels of regen available as part of one pedal driving, but I haven't read anything about whether the brake pedal is blended between regen and friction, or does the pedal only engage the friction brakes?

·
Registered
498 Posts
It does regenerate when brakes are applied - so it sounds like blended braking. I hope the transition between regen and friction is smooth.

See the manual:

"
Regeneration using the brake pedal
    • Depress the brake pedal
"
Thanks, I missed that. The transition on my current car from regen to friction is almost completely seamless, so there's no reason it shouldn't be on the 2. And the friction brakes rarely take hold until you are almost stopped. So brake wear is almost non-existent. I like the idea of being able to regen without doing one pedal driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts