Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 DM Moon/Barley PPP
20 Posts
Did they give you an ETA?
they said I would get it in January. I haven’t officially decided to proceed yet, not happy to lose the ventilated seats and nappa leather and I just started a lease on a P2, though if my experiences with Volvo Financial are the same for Polestar, that wouldn’t be an issue.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My unpopular opinion: if you need/want financing for a car like this, you should stay far away from it. It makes no sense to borrow money to buy a special edition thats 15k above the top spec regular car.
I kinda like my 5 year 0% financing scheme through Polestar, though that was in Oct 2021 and surely no longer applies since well, war, inflation, financial markets and lockdowns. Not to mention I actually think Polestar sales are increasing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got the call today that my
Production spot was secured. Now to decide if I really want to give up my current one
I got the call (and email) as well on 17JUN. I politely declined, but it was a close call. If I was not already a PS2 owner I may have jumped.

·
Registered
22 DM Moon/Barley PPP
20 Posts
My unpopular opinion: if you need/want financing for a car like this, you should stay far away from it. It makes no sense to borrow money to buy a special edition thats 15k above the top spec regular car.
I don’t keep my cars that long so financing doesn’t make sense. polestar is offering leasing on this model as well

·
Registered
Dual Motor | Snow | Plus/Pilot/Performance
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Private leasing is a scourge if you ask me... This whole borrowing for everything culture is unhealthy. And a lease on a limited edition car? Sounds like blasphemy to me personally 🙄

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's not about needing the financing. I look at what I can invest with that money and determine if I can beat the interest rate they charge.

The Polestar (BST or not) will be my company car that I use as a daily beater driving to the jobsite.

·
Registered
22 DM Moon/Barley PPP
20 Posts
Private leasing is a scourge if you ask me... This whole borrowing for everything culture is unhealthy. And a lease on a limited edition car? Sounds like blasphemy to me personally 🙄
I’ve had 11 leases in 15 years. It just works for some people. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to experience the car. I have my Rivian hopefully coming in 2024.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to experience the car.
I find it a slap in the face of the people who dreamed up the concept.
Treating it as a disposable object instead of a collectable item.
But that's just my opinion. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with it :)

What I'm hoping for with this car is that Polestar will really take off as a major player on the EV market.
Making some of the most desirable EV's. That would make it really special to own this edition of the car that launched the brand.
Making it like owning an even more exclusive version of the Tesla roadster in 2022.

·
Registered
P2, Pilot, Plus, Performance, Snow/Charcoal
82 Posts
Sorry for the Danish video, there aren't any subtitles, but at least you can see the car.
The biggest Danish car magazin happened to have their annual track day in Sweden, and Polestar showed up with the BST270.
So they are the first magazin in the world to drive the BST270. He promised Joachim not to wreck the car, as it was going to goodwood :D

The short version, he loves the way it handles, but for everyday use, you get close to the same package in a normal performance version :)

·
Registered
'22 Void I Performance I Plus I Leather
138 Posts
I find it a slap in the face of the people who dreamed up the concept.
Treating it as a disposable object instead of a collectable item.
But that's just my opinion. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with it :)

What I'm hoping for with this car is that Polestar will really take off as a major player on the EV market.
Making some of the most desirable EV's. That would make it really special to own this edition of the car that launched the brand.
Making it like owning an even more exclusive version of the Tesla roadster in 2022.
My 2002 Boxster S with 27K miles (18K miles when I got it) is definitely a keeper and I bought it 3 years ago for about 28% of the original price when the market for these was at the bottom. The original owner I bought it from thought he would make a fortune on it, but he didn't, and did not even get to enjoy it as he should have. It should hold it's value, regardless of collectability, from this point on. This is a vehicle I love driving and that's why I bought it. However, very few cars are really "investment" quality and most don't keep up with the appreciation of other investments. In fact, they take hits in value when there are economic downturns, just like stocks and bonds. Only difference is that you can't drive stocks and bonds.:LOL:

Leasing an EV makes sense to me because new and exciting vehicles and technologies will be coming out over the next few years. I want to be free to explore them as the transportation they are intended to be, and with a depreciation curve that I can live with. A modern car to me is simply a cost of transportation and doing business. It's a pretty poor investment whether you buy or lease a new car. To purchase something like a BST270 with cash in the hopes that it will become collectable isn't often a winning strategy. No doubt the car will depreciate, as most do, for some time to come. The wise investor will be the one that buys it "slightly used" in a few years at a deep discount... :) ;) Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
You're comparing a limited edition of 270 to a Boxster? I see more 718s during a local meet up than there will be BSTs in the whole of Europe 😉
My 718 Boxster is one of three in our street alone! If someone thought he would make money on an entry level, mass produced Porsche, he wasn't thinking right 😂

I didn't say it's an investment to make a few euro's. It looks so good and I think it'll be really cool to own and drive a piece of history if Polestar makes it big some day. And with only 15 in the whole country, I'll probably never be able to get the chance to ever purchase a used one. Don't try to think of cars like this rationally. Not everything has to be a rational decision. Or one that makes sense financially. These things are toys. They're emotional purchases. I don't care if it's 10k above the top spec car. I wouldn't even care if it was 30k more.

·
Registered
'22 Void I Performance I Plus I Leather
138 Posts
. Don't try to think of cars like this rationally. Not everything has to be a rational decision. Or one that makes sense financially. These things are toys. They're emotional purchases. I don't care if it's 10k above the top spec car. I wouldn't even care if it was 30k more.
I'll agree that most automotive purchases (especially new) are not rational, which was really my point. "Cars like this"? A gussied up P2 is just not that special to me-- it's no faster and while it will provide better track-biased handling, I don't know how much more desirable it is than a P2 PP. Low production does not always equal desirability. Only time will tell.

If you're saying you want one for the thrill of driving it--I'll highly endorse that decision! (y) But collectability is usually a function of both rarity and/or high popularity, which, as you point out about your 718 and my old 986, varies widely from place to place. :)

Will of course want details when you get it, LOL!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Just got off the phone with them after they called me back. This call was apparently just to make sure I was actually interested, but they weren't able to answer even a basic question (like confirming that black weavetech is the only interior option [the answer is yes]).

Anyway, they also said January delivery is the target date, but that in the next 2-4 weeks I would get a call from Polestar financial and only then would I give a deposit to lock in my build, and finalize any sort of payment arrangements. At this point there's no actual commitment though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just got off the phone with them after they called me back. This call was apparently just to make sure I was actually interested, but they weren't able to answer even a basic question (like confirming that black weavetech is the only interior option [the answer is yes]).

Anyway, they also said January delivery is the target date, but that in the next 2-4 weeks I would get a call from Polestar financial and only then would I give a deposit to lock in my build, and finalize any sort of payment arrangements. At this point there's no actual commitment though.
The woman who called me the first time was a little clueless. The second call was more informative.

BTW, I think I caught you on Instagram earlier today. Performance app is working great and confirms that the performance upgrade was actually installed 👍

21 - 40 of 40 Posts