Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 278 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here from Southern California. I've introduced a few friends to the Polestar brand over the last year and one purchased a 2 in the Spring of this year. I always said if they made the 2 Experimental available for sale I'd be on the list. When news dropped that it was going into limited production I immediately expressed my interest and felt extremely fortunate to be selected. Kind of felt like finding the golden ticket in Willy Wonka.

I had an order in on a BMW i4 M50 that I thought I might drive around for six or seven months while I waited for my BST 270 to arrive, but the countless delays (my M50 was supposed to arrive early Summer, then advised it would go into production first week of August, and now mid-September still not in production) and lack of tax credit eligibility compelled me to cancel my order. I understand the BST won't be eligible for a tax credit, but it's a car I can get a lot more excited about driving than the M50.

Has anyone heard from Polestar regarding their reservation and/or have they collected your deposit? I last heard from Elleighs at Polestar on 8/12 and was advised to expect a call from Polestar in the coming weeks regarding my order and deposit, but nearly five weeks later and no further information. I spoke to her on the phone in early August and she advised that my BST had just entered production, but it would be a longer process to receive the vehicle as it would need to ship to a different facility for the BST upgrades to be added by hand. Then I guess shipping to the USA would add quite a bit of time, so I'm not supposed to expect the car until late January at the earliest. It's all been a strange process with very little communication, but she assures me the car is reserved for me, despite to paperwork or money being exchanged. Are forum reservation holders having the same or different experience from mine?

Cheers,
JEFF

· Registered
9 Posts
I have received more or less the same message as you. Was told that Polestar Denmark would contact me last week regarding my deposit but haven't heard from them yet.
Expected delivery was moved from jan/feb '23 to november '22 so fingers crossed.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
I've received the following to date:

June 2nd: An email noting my interest in the BST and that I had completed the request to hold a spot.
June 7th: An email that basically said "while you wait to find out if you'll make the cut, here's some BST hype/info".
June 21st: Email (and missed call) saying that I was selected, and to gauge whether I was still interested or not. (I called them back and confirmed that I was.)
August 12th: Email saying that the BST had entered production and that I would receive a call "in the coming weeks" to take my deposit.

I've not received or heard anything since that August 12th contact.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got an email response from Elleighs this morning:
Thank you for your email inquiry. Emails are set to be released as early as next week. Directions for submitting the deposits for the Polestar 2 BST edition 270 will be included.

If you do not her from someone or receive an email within the next 30 days, please contact Customer Support @ 1800.806.2504. You may also respond to this email for assistance.

Kind Regards,
Elleighs

More of the same, it seems...you'll hear from us in the next week, but give us a month if we don't actually follow through, haha.

· Registered
10 Posts
I seem to have gotten a bit more information:

July 15th: got confirmation I was selected (seemed kinda late actually, hadn't expected the call anymore by then)
August 22th: got an email confirming my reservation, with an order ID and a link to complete the order. At that point I had to fill in a lot of information and pay the deposit. Exactly like when ordering a Polestar the normal way I guess.
September 3th: got an invitation to sign the contract (not sure if I initiated this myself on the order page... Might be)
September 5th: got a counter-signed copy of the agreement and got my deposit back
September 7th: got an email stating the Polestar was loaded on a ship from China

I can see my order in my Polestar account and in the app.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I seem to have gotten a bit more information:

July 15th: got confirmation I was selected (seemed kinda late actually, hadn't expected the call anymore by then)
August 22th: got an email confirming my reservation, with an order ID and a link to complete the order. At that point I had to fill in a lot of information and pay the deposit. Exactly like when ordering a Polestar the normal way I guess.
September 3th: got an invitation to sign the contract (not sure if I initiated this myself on the order page... Might be)
September 5th: got a counter-signed copy of the agreement and got my deposit back
September 7th: got an email stating the Polestar was loaded on a ship from China

I can see my order in my Polestar account and in the app.
Stef,
How exciting that you have your BST in transit! Any idea when you might receive your new car? Other than the lucky few who get to own one of these special edition vehicles, I'm sure there are many others who would love to hear about your driving impressions once you take possession. Please keep us updated, and congrats!

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Stef,
How exciting that you have your BST in transit! Any idea when you might receive your new car? Other than the lucky few who get to own one of these special edition vehicles, I'm sure there are many others who would love to hear about your driving impressions once you take possession. Please keep us updated, and congrats!
He's also in Belgium. It seems that we, in the US, are lagged way behind others.

· Registered
MY22 Pilot Plus LRDM on 20s, Magnesium
165 Posts
You guys are lucky just to be waiting — I’d love to have a chance at Polestar 2 BST edition 270, but not having a deposit would make me nervous too.
It's even tougher to have turned down the opportunity due to changes in work circumstances.

Still kicking myself but know it was the right choice

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Polestar pulled through on their commitment to reach out within the month and contacted me today to place my $2500 refundable deposit. I was told I would receive a custom link with my specific build and assigned Space location, but the first two emails had the incorrect Space; My Space is South Coast in California, but the emails I received were for Denver and Charlotte. Reached out to Elleighs with Polestar and she got me the correct link within the hour, so I was able to successfully confirm my order and remit my deposit. She informed me that my car build was complete and in transit presently, but that it likely will not arrive until early December. From that point, the port technician's will install my Battleship Grey wrap and black racing stripe, which will likely add another week to my delivery time. She advised that it's very possible I will take delivery before the New Year, but it could push out to early January. Seems like things are progressing, so I'm looking forward to getting my first BEV in the near future. More to come. Hope others have recently been updated by Polestar, too. Cheers, JEFF

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Just got the call from them. Email coming today that would facilitate making my deposit, if I chose to go through with it. I have 5 days to act on it, then they release the car to the next person.

They weren't able to answer how it would work if I wanted to trade in my current Polestar 2 lease early. Seems like something they probably should have sorted out, and it's sort of annoying to have to go through the local space/dealer, just to go back to Polestar Financial to figure it out.

· Registered
22 DM Moon/Barley PPP
39 Posts
Just got the call from them. Email coming today that would facilitate making my deposit, if I chose to go through with it. I have 5 days to act on it, then they release the car to the next person.

They weren't able to answer how it would work if I wanted to trade in my current Polestar 2 lease early. Seems like something they probably should have sorted out, and it's sort of annoying to have to go through the local space/dealer, just to go back to Polestar Financial to figure it out.
I just got the same call and have the same questions. Though, from what I understand, there won’t be a lease option on the BST, only finance. I would also need to get out of my current to lease early, which shouldn’t be a problem With the dealer. But I still may consider it because then I can get out of that finance easier when they call me for my Rivian and then if I’m still in a lease with the Polestar

1 - 20 of 278 Posts