Polestar Forum banner
241 - 260 of 264 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
We haven't heard much feedback from the lucky few who have taken delivery of their BSTs...so how do the dang things drive? Would be curious to hear impressions on BST performance versus other P2 variants people have experienced.
Got a text today from my Space GM and he doesn't have any new information on when his wrapped cars will arrive. All he can say is still looking like end of the month. Wife is getting quite frustrated having to share her car with me these past seven weeks. However, it's been worth the inconvenience as the used car market continues to tank. The dealership who took my F-Type now has it advertised for only $997 more than they bought it for. Yikes.

· Registered
'22 PS2 LRDM / Magnesium / Pilot / Plus
147 Posts
I’m not sure I follow. They lower the vehicle more and are stiffer than the PP setup. At least that’s what I’ve been reading. Unless I’ve been reading everything wrong lol which can definitely happen.
Polestar sells lowering springs for the performance pack (not as part of the pack itself, it's a separate thing you can buy after the fact). It's not clear whether the BST is using those or if it has a different set of springs entirely.

· Registered
1,707 Posts
I’m not sure I follow. They lower the vehicle more and are stiffer than the PP setup. At least that’s what I’ve been reading. Unless I’ve been reading everything wrong lol which can definitely happen.
We're not talking about the same springs. You can buy, from Polestar, a lowering springs kit that is intended to lower the car further. I assumed that kit, and what's on the BST, were the same. And they may still be, but the ones on the BST are gold, and the lowering kit is silver.

There are 3 (maybe 4) different spring sets for the Polestar 2.

1. The stock, non-Performance Pack springs.
2. The stock, Performance Pack springs that sit 5mm lower than a non-Performance Pack car.
3. Polestar lowering springs, which lower the Performance Pack car an additional 20mm (25mm lower than non-Performance Pack car).
4. The BST springs. Not much detail on these. Polestar says the ride height of the BST is 4.8 inches, which would mean an additional 5mm off even the lowering kit springs.

· Registered
30 Posts
Polestar sells lowering springs for the performance pack (not as part of the pack itself, it's a separate thing you can buy after the fact). It's not clear whether the BST is using those or if it has a different set of springs entirely.
We're not talking about the same springs. You can buy, from Polestar, a lowering springs kit that is intended to lower the car further. I assumed that kit, and what's on the BST, were the same. And they may still be, but the ones on the BST are gold, and the lowering kit is silver.

There are 3 (maybe 4) different spring sets for the Polestar 2.

1. The stock, non-Performance Pack springs.
2. The stock, Performance Pack springs that sit 5mm lower than a non-Performance Pack car.
3. Polestar lowering springs, which lower the Performance Pack car an additional 20mm (25mm lower than non-Performance Pack car).
4. The BST springs. Not much detail on these. Polestar says the ride height of the BST is 4.8 inches, which would mean an additional 5mm off even the lowering kit springs.
That’s cool they offer multiple lowering options. The standard P2 needs it IMO. Yeah, supposedly the BST suspension lowers the PP by an additional 25mm and stiffens it. The changes made are to the PP version. It’s sort of hard to get concrete specs with the various sources though. An official spec list from Polestar would serve well.

· Registered
37 Posts
We haven't heard much feedback from the lucky few who have taken delivery of their BSTs...so how do the dang things drive? Would be curious to hear impressions on BST performance versus other P2 variants people have experienced.
I was a little worried about the 20% stiffer springs over PP, but so far on extremely bumpy, hard packed snow and ice, it drives super well. Yes, I notice it's stiffer than my previous 19" LRDM Launch model, but somehow the stiffness is not very uncomfortable. I am not a track driver, but I speculate it's the quality of the Öhlins which make them perform so well. I can tell the car sits lower and rolls significantly less. The dampers were set at 7/7/7 when I received my BST. And it came with regular 20" PP Michelin winter tires. The 21" low profile summer tires will of course be stiffer still, but then with summer conditions around April or so I am looking forward to a fantastic ride.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
28 Posts
Got a call today and the BST should be arriving in 2 weeks, but they've completely gone back on the numbers they gave me in December regarding my current vehicle. Now it's looking like I'm close to 12k upside down when we had agreed on 4k. Not my fault they took 8 weeks to get the car delivered.

Going to have to fight with Polestar Financial again and see what I can do. The whole process has left a horrible taste in my mouth on the Space, Polestar, and Polestar Financial... and the Model Y Performance with the new 20% discount is looking more and more attractive by the minute.

Going to hold the reservation down to the last possible second to try to work it out, but I'm definitely not paying close to 100k for the BST, they're insane.

· Registered
50 Posts
I was a little worried about the 20% stiffer springs over PP, but so far on extremely bumpy, hard packed snow and ice, it drives super well. Yes, I notice it's stiffer than my previous 19" LRDM Launch model, but somehow the stiffness is not very uncomfortable. I am not a track driver, but I speculate it's the quality of the Öhlins which make them perform so well. I can tell the car sits lower and rolls significantly less. The dampers were set at 7/7/7 when I received my BST. And it came with regular 20" PP Michelin winter tires. The 21" low profile summer tires will of course be stiffer still, but then with summer conditions around April or so I am looking forward to a fantastic ride.

View attachment 21447
Thanks for the first non official photo in battleship grey!

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·

View attachment 21447
How do you find the wrap? Installed well with no visible edges or curling vinyl? Although quite new, is the grey wrap showing any markings from hard snow or rocks?
Appreciate the pic!

· Registered
37 Posts
How do you find the wrap? Installed well with no visible edges or curling vinyl? Although quite new, is the grey wrap showing any markings from hard snow or rocks?
Appreciate the pic!
This is my first wrapped vehicle, but it looks like it has been put on very well. No damage on it so far. I may put on an additional layer of PPF below doors on both sides, For anyone with an eye for details, you may notice that the Polestar emblems are missing, The service shop responsible for delivering the vehicles is looking for a local place who can wrap and install these at a later date.

• Helpful
Reactions: Meatball

· Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
782 Posts
I like it without the emblem. I put a solid steel Autobots emblem on my car. :D I would have pulled the back one already but need to figure out what to do about the two holes that will be exposed.
Your car looks fantastic! I love the PP wheels on a BST, first photo I have seen with this setup. Just an FYI, you will find the tire selection for your 21" wheels very restrictive at 245 width. I'm getting a set of P1 21" wheels and I am going to try 265 width, it opens up a variety of options that provide a Load Index that is high enough for the vehicle.

· Registered
28 Posts
Sooooo, Polestar announced a new Polestar 2 that has more torque than our not-yet-delivered-for-some special editions!

740nm! 0-100 in 4,2.
Do I feel sad? Yes!
Yeah I can't wait for my Space to tell me that my car is worth even less now after the announcement, lol. I might just let this current lease run up.

In about two weeks you guys might be able to get a BST in Florida, we'll see how Polestar treats me.

· Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, the announcement is a little surprising, but not totally unexpected. Things are meant to be improved. Do I wish for my limited version to be the best? Of course! But that would be unrealistic.

As for the torque, it is more than plenty on the BST, at least for me. I got on it for the first time on Sunday, only for a couple seconds, and it was enough to feel a little overwhelmed. The point of the BST, which IMO should be the point of any consumer car, is not even about power, but about feel.

· Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
782 Posts
They seemed to be in a real rush to get the last BST cars available in North America sold. When they called me to make an offer I didn't get any grace period. While I was writing back to confirm I wanted an offer they were already talking to someone else. All were sold just before the performance software was available in NA, giving all current owners the same power.

241 - 260 of 264 Posts