Polestar Forum banner

Polestar 2 BST 270 updates anyone?

Tags
bst bst 270
40K views 342 replies 48 participants last post by  LBJeff 
#1 ·
New member here from Southern California. I've introduced a few friends to the Polestar brand over the last year and one purchased a 2 in the Spring of this year. I always said if they made the 2 Experimental available for sale I'd be on the list. When news dropped that it was going into limited production I immediately expressed my interest and felt extremely fortunate to be selected. Kind of felt like finding the golden ticket in Willy Wonka.

I had an order in on a BMW i4 M50 that I thought I might drive around for six or seven months while I waited for my BST 270 to arrive, but the countless delays (my M50 was supposed to arrive early Summer, then advised it would go into production first week of August, and now mid-September still not in production) and lack of tax credit eligibility compelled me to cancel my order. I understand the BST won't be eligible for a tax credit, but it's a car I can get a lot more excited about driving than the M50.

Has anyone heard from Polestar regarding their reservation and/or have they collected your deposit? I last heard from Elleighs at Polestar on 8/12 and was advised to expect a call from Polestar in the coming weeks regarding my order and deposit, but nearly five weeks later and no further information. I spoke to her on the phone in early August and she advised that my BST had just entered production, but it would be a longer process to receive the vehicle as it would need to ship to a different facility for the BST upgrades to be added by hand. Then I guess shipping to the USA would add quite a bit of time, so I'm not supposed to expect the car until late January at the earliest. It's all been a strange process with very little communication, but she assures me the car is reserved for me, despite to paperwork or money being exchanged. Are forum reservation holders having the same or different experience from mine?

Cheers,
JEFF

See less See more
#3 ·
I've received the following to date:

June 2nd: An email noting my interest in the BST and that I had completed the request to hold a spot.
June 7th: An email that basically said "while you wait to find out if you'll make the cut, here's some BST hype/info".
June 21st: Email (and missed call) saying that I was selected, and to gauge whether I was still interested or not. (I called them back and confirmed that I was.)
August 12th: Email saying that the BST had entered production and that I would receive a call "in the coming weeks" to take my deposit.

I've not received or heard anything since that August 12th contact.

#5 ·
Just got an email response from Elleighs this morning:
Thank you for your email inquiry. Emails are set to be released as early as next week. Directions for submitting the deposits for the Polestar 2 BST edition 270 will be included.

If you do not her from someone or receive an email within the next 30 days, please contact Customer Support @ 1800.806.2504. You may also respond to this email for assistance.

Kind Regards,
Elleighs

More of the same, it seems...you'll hear from us in the next week, but give us a month if we don't actually follow through, haha.

#7 ·
I seem to have gotten a bit more information:

July 15th: got confirmation I was selected (seemed kinda late actually, hadn't expected the call anymore by then)
August 22th: got an email confirming my reservation, with an order ID and a link to complete the order. At that point I had to fill in a lot of information and pay the deposit. Exactly like when ordering a Polestar the normal way I guess.
September 3th: got an invitation to sign the contract (not sure if I initiated this myself on the order page... Might be)
September 5th: got a counter-signed copy of the agreement and got my deposit back
September 7th: got an email stating the Polestar was loaded on a ship from China

I can see my order in my Polestar account and in the app.

#10 ·
I seem to have gotten a bit more information:

July 15th: got confirmation I was selected (seemed kinda late actually, hadn't expected the call anymore by then)
August 22th: got an email confirming my reservation, with an order ID and a link to complete the order. At that point I had to fill in a lot of information and pay the deposit. Exactly like when ordering a Polestar the normal way I guess.
September 3th: got an invitation to sign the contract (not sure if I initiated this myself on the order page... Might be)
September 5th: got a counter-signed copy of the agreement and got my deposit back
September 7th: got an email stating the Polestar was loaded on a ship from China

I can see my order in my Polestar account and in the app.
Stef,
How exciting that you have your BST in transit! Any idea when you might receive your new car? Other than the lucky few who get to own one of these special edition vehicles, I'm sure there are many others who would love to hear about your driving impressions once you take possession. Please keep us updated, and congrats!

#15 ·
Polestar pulled through on their commitment to reach out within the month and contacted me today to place my $2500 refundable deposit. I was told I would receive a custom link with my specific build and assigned Space location, but the first two emails had the incorrect Space; My Space is South Coast in California, but the emails I received were for Denver and Charlotte. Reached out to Elleighs with Polestar and she got me the correct link within the hour, so I was able to successfully confirm my order and remit my deposit. She informed me that my car build was complete and in transit presently, but that it likely will not arrive until early December. From that point, the port technician's will install my Battleship Grey wrap and black racing stripe, which will likely add another week to my delivery time. She advised that it's very possible I will take delivery before the New Year, but it could push out to early January. Seems like things are progressing, so I'm looking forward to getting my first BEV in the near future. More to come. Hope others have recently been updated by Polestar, too. Cheers, JEFF

#18 ·
Just got the call from them. Email coming today that would facilitate making my deposit, if I chose to go through with it. I have 5 days to act on it, then they release the car to the next person.

They weren't able to answer how it would work if I wanted to trade in my current Polestar 2 lease early. Seems like something they probably should have sorted out, and it's sort of annoying to have to go through the local space/dealer, just to go back to Polestar Financial to figure it out.

#19 ·
I just got the same call and have the same questions. Though, from what I understand, there won’t be a lease option on the BST, only finance. I would also need to get out of my current to lease early, which shouldn’t be a problem With the dealer. But I still may consider it because then I can get out of that finance easier when they call me for my Rivian and then if I’m still in a lease with the Polestar

#22 ·
Just an update….spoke with my local Polestar Space and they confirmed no leasing option on this one. And 60 month financing thru Polestar Finance @ 3.99%
They can take care of my lease (early termination)
Spoke also with Polestar Finance and as I suspected they have no clue on anything.
So just waiting on my local Space for numbers and see if I can afford it. (Have a feeling that it won’t [emoji20])
My monthly leasing payment is only $640 (12k per year and $0 down payment basically )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Had the same questions for them. Polestar Financial says no option to terminate lease aside from a buyout. Polestar Space says if I buyout, I can trade in, but expect to "take a big hit" on the car.

Scheduled a call with the space manager for later to get some real numbers.

I did pay the 2500 reservation, since it says fully refundable on the website (screenshot it just in case 😅).

#24 ·
Interesting that there is no leasing option on the BST. Given the extremely limited production, I would anticipate this car will depreciate slower than a typical EV, which creates less risk for Polestar and consumers. With the recent loss of the federal tax credit, I'm sure there are many reservation holders who will be disappointed by the lack of leasing option.
Quoted financing rate of 3.99% APR isn't great, but isn't horrendous either given the current market. I'm sure those with high Auto FICO scores will be able to find a better rate elsewhere.

#27 ·
I was told there is a high likelihood I will take delivery before the end of the year, but it's possible it may push out to early January. Website shows a 12/25 delivery, but we know they aren't working on Christmas day. She mentioned that my car will hit the port early December, but to expect a week or two to get the matte wrap and stripe installed, as the cars don't ship from overseas with the wrap already on.
Hellraiza - if you take delivery early November that's crazy fast. Keep us updated!

#29 ·
Lurker here who’s curious about some of the BST process. I wasn’t one of the lucky few but I’m wondering if this white glove service will offer folks the ability to transfer their allocation to someone else? Or if y’all decide not to take delivery due to existing vehicles etc will they just work their way down a list of other interested parties?

I’m mainly trying to weigh option between 22’/23 MY changes on PPP or the slim chance a BST will become available.

#30 ·
According to the email, if the BST I am supposed to get is not reserved it will automatically go to the next interested party. Sounds like they have a list of all the people who signed up still listed as pending, but it must be based off the configuration (color/stripe) since the car is already built.

So if someone reserved a white with stripe, presumably they would not get the call for my thunder with stripe.

#32 ·
Makes perfect sense with the passdown on preferences - I’m curious if that’s the only option. Sign or pass to avoid people potentially selling an allocation that happens with other oems.

Im in the SF Bay Area, it’s funny you say that because I thought snow was the color I wanted but the more I look at magnesium the better it gets!

#35 ·
Update: Polestar Financial will not allow an early lease termination without paying almost 10k in penalties, which is essentially the same as taking the hit on the trade in through the local Space.

I'm trying to find a local buyer now, but it's looking grim for my BST future.

Anyone get better news from their Space or VFS?

#36 ·
Update: Polestar Financial will not allow an early lease termination without paying almost 10k in penalties, which is essentially the same as taking the hit on the trade in through the local Space.

I'm trying to find a local buyer now, but it's looking grim for my BST future.

Anyone get better news from their Space or VFS?
Didn't your allocated time to make a decision already run out? I had until last Friday, and told them on Friday, when they called again, that I would allow the offer to expire.

To be honest, it made less sense to me to do it, given the following:
  • I have a 2021 launch edition with Performance Pack. So there are some things I'd be giving up by going to a MY23, like headlight washers and black painted panel between the sunroof and hatch.
  • I've had no real TCAM issues or really any major issues to speak of that weren't easily resolved. So.....why risk that with another car?
  • As soon as they release the performance software and lowering springs, I'll have two of the things that were key factors for the BST to me.
  • I still wasn't loving the idea of only having the black interior option.
  • The more I looked at the BST with the painted body cladding, and noticed the lack of profile shots provided by Polestar, the more something resonated in my head from the Polestar 3 unveiling. The use of the black bodywork helps to "slim" down the visual appearance of the car. The BST just looks heftier, and I'm not sure that's a good look for it.
  • And of course, the practical reality of paying significantly more for a car that's not itself, significantly more of a car.

#40 ·
I completely understand most of y’all’s frustration and difficulty deciding on the allocation. Especially when the vehicle is basically painted trim and dampers at this point that make it special? Everything else can be specced as is, I suppose paint / wrap options from factory are nice if you are into that.

If the aftermarket for these cars grows before deliveries take place its going to be even more of a difficult sale for current & prospective performance buyers. It’s a shame about stock body and standard brakes but like natman said, hopefully that means they are continuing to explore more performance options without sabotaging the current customer base.