Polestar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had the collision avoidance system activate when. there is no risk of a collision? On consecutive days this happened to me on a clear 'A' road. Brakes were suddently
applied and the steering pulled to towards the centre of the road. After my heart rate returned to normal I carried on with my journey with no further problems. Two days later I again suffered a single collision avoidance event followed later by 4 events over a mile and a half. I drove home at 30 mph.
Contacted Polestar support and they told me to contact roadside assistance. Their response was first rate. A technician arrived first thing the next day who tried everything his plug-in laptop would allow but was unable to solve the problem. He booked me in to my nearest Volvo agency. A Volvo v90 was delivered to my door by 9.30 p.m. and a flat bed truck collected my car the next morning. The only worrying thing is that the Volvo is booked out to me for 22 days! Do they know something I don't?
This is my second issue with the car and I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. All this comes on top of the emails from Polestar informing me that the car will have to go into a Volvo dealership to have a software update and to have a Replacement of High Voltage Coolant Heater (HVCH) and the replacement of the inverters on the bulk capacitor terminal. If I knew what they were I might be worried!
It seems that we early adopters are proving to be a necessary test bed for the Polestar 2.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I see no one has replied after 2d so presume you have had an unlucky glitch (there are also Tesla videos of similar and guess applies to all cars with the technology). Sure they will fix it and not concerned by my own recall for HVCH and inverters.. (one of the lucky 180 for both in the UK) and happy for the trade off for a 4 year warranty. Hope it doesn’t break your confidence but glad it hasn’t happend to me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Had similar experience with the Tm3 I'm hiring pending delivery of my P2. While on ACC it has slammed on the brakes, have experienced this about half a dozen times in 10 weeks. It's most unnerving, highly dangerous (risks rear end collision) and adds to my general dissatisfaction with the TM3. The lack of response here, from existing Polestar drivers, suggests your frightening experience is rare. Let us know when you get it back what differences you detect. Good luck.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
650 Posts
Has anyone had the collision avoidance system activate when. there is no risk of a collision? On consecutive days this happened to me on a clear 'A' road. Brakes were suddently
applied and the steering pulled to towards the centre of the road. After my heart rate returned to normal I carried on with my journey with no further problems. Two days later I again suffered a single collision avoidance event followed later by 4 events over a mile and a half. I drove home at 30 mph.
Contacted Polestar support and they told me to contact roadside assistance. Their response was first rate. A technician arrived first thing the next day who tried everything his plug-in laptop would allow but was unable to solve the problem. He booked me in to my nearest Volvo agency. A Volvo v90 was delivered to my door by 9.30 p.m. and a flat bed truck collected my car the next morning. The only worrying thing is that the Volvo is booked out to me for 22 days! Do they know something I don't?
This is my second issue with the car and I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. All this comes on top of the emails from Polestar informing me that the car will have to go into a Volvo dealership to have a software update and to have a Replacement of High Voltage Coolant Heater (HVCH) and the replacement of the inverters on the bulk capacitor terminal. If I knew what they were I might be worried!
It seems that we early adopters are proving to be a necessary test bed for the Polestar 2.
I'm not in my car but from memory can't you alter the sensitivity of collision avoidance or at worse switch it off?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had similar experience with the Tm3 I'm hiring pending delivery of my P2. While on ACC it has slammed on the brakes, have experienced this about half a dozen times in 10 weeks. It's most unnerving, highly dangerous (risks rear end collision) and adds to my general dissatisfaction with the TM3. The lack of response here, from existing Polestar drivers, suggests your frightening experience is rare. Let us know when you get it back what differences you detect. Good luck.
I will however, the dealership is suggesting problem is associated with the HVCH recall and they have ordered these parts for me. Will update posting once I have the car back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Recall work doesn't start until 23 November (don't know why, parts?). Might explain the duration of the loaner.

You can adjust the sensitivity of the system. I have it set in the middle and have so far had just one phantom collision in reverse (I was backing on to my drive between gateposts)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to hear you and others have had some issues breaking down etc. Love my P2, first venture to an EV and not disappointed after 7/8 years of owning Audi’s. Drives great and interior/exterior look is great. Have had the 12v warning flash up a number of times but no change to drive performance as yet, although not driven a huge amount due to WFH and lockdown! Got my first 250 mile round trip tomorrow so hopefully no issues! Have received the recall emails but local Volvo dealership doesn’t expect parts/software update for at least another week (delayed by Polestar apparently) Vin#60XX. Hope you get yours sorted soon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear you and others have had some issues breaking down etc. Love my P2, first venture to an EV and not disappointed after 7/8 years of owning Audi’s. Drives great and interior/exterior look is great. Have had the 12v warning flash up a number of times but no change to drive performance as yet, although not driven a huge amount due to WFH and lockdown! Got my first 250 mile round trip tomorrow so hopefully no issues! Have received the recall emails but local Volvo dealership doesn’t expect parts/software update for at least another week (delayed by Polestar apparently) Vin#60XX. Hope you get yours sorted soon
Thanks and enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
650 Posts
Yep- they tried software updates for 3 days on mine until they found the loose connection. They probably know best, but you never know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts