Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that interior and exterior color options for the Polestar 2 are available, what combination is everyone going with?

Polestar 2 Color Options
  • Snow
  • Magnesium
  • Thunder
  • Moon
  • Midnight
  • Void
1569607311761.png

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Midnight looks like an interesting blue.
Hopefully Polestar/Volvo dealers have samples of it we can see right now. Curious how it looks compared to most other blue's.

·
Registered
101 Posts
At the Polestar 2 event in Toronto they apparently had samples for what the color options will look like. I think Void is my favorite one of the bunch.

Thunder

Magnesium

Midnight

Void

Moon

Snow

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was so disappointed for missing the Toronto event. I really wanted to see the 2 in person and the colour choices.
I have owned many silver cars as it’s a timeless colour and looks clean even when it’s not. I have owned a black car but never again as it’s impossible to keep clean — I know black is a very popular choice and the monochromatic appearance looks mean and very sporty.

I have narrowed my choices (based solely on online photos and videos) to Snow (looks crisp and modern and I like the contrast with the black trim and parts), Magnesium (my personal all-time favourite, and really highlights the lines of the car), and Thunder (it appears to be an unusual non-metallic grey, similar to Audi Nardo Grey but darker). The lighter colours highlight the panoramic roof and the blacked-out A-pillar which gives it a aviator wraparound windshield appearance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was so disappointed for missing the Toronto event. I really wanted to see the 2 in person and the colour choices.
I have owned many silver cars as it’s a timeless colour and looks clean even when it’s not. I have owned a black car but never again as it’s impossible to keep clean — I know black is a very popular choice and the monochromatic appearance looks mean and very sporty.

I have narrowed my choices (based solely on online photos and videos) to Snow (looks crisp and modern and I like the contrast with the black trim and parts), Magnesium (my personal all-time favourite, and really highlights the lines of the car), and Thunder (it appears to be an unusual non-metallic grey, similar to Audi Nardo Grey but darker). The lighter colours highlight the panoramic roof and the blacked-out A-pillar which gives it a aviator wraparound windshield appearance.
Snow would be my second favorite color, very solid choice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think all the colors are just renamed XC40 colors. They look identical. Thunder is Thunder Grey, Magnesium is Glacier Silver, Snow is Crystal White, Moon is Pebble Grey, Midnight is Denim Blue, Void is one of the blacks.
I'm starting to realize that. Also after seeing the Polestar 2 configurator I find it weird that every color other than Void will cost us $1,200.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think all the colors are just renamed XC40 colors. They look identical. Thunder is Thunder Grey, Magnesium is Glacier Silver, Snow is Crystal White, Moon is Pebble Grey, Midnight is Denim Blue, Void is one of the blacks.
I didn't realize that until now. That's a bit of a letdown, at least give us a couple of unique colors.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Midnight is a nice blue, but then you only get the black interior, which I personally don't like. I don't know where they come up with these combinations...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just placed my order for a UK car in Magnesium... and having doubts! I like the look of Moon but it's a brave choice and could either look great or awful. Does anyone have any natural light pics of the Moon?
Also, is the black a 'solid' black or Metallic?
Thanks folks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
since the arrival in Belgium there have been several pictures and videos but I have not spotted moon yet.
Just thought today that the Magnesium looks like my C30 I had in cosmic white.

·
Registered
456 Posts
since the arrival in Belgium there have been several pictures and videos but I have not spotted moon yet.
Just thought today that the Magnesium looks like my C30 I had in cosmic white.
Just remember that even if you see a picture, it's not the same as the car in real life. It's distorted by the camera and the display.

I had a Volvo S80 that was "Electric Silver" and I think that's the same as Magnesium.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Very true!
Not only that, but some colours look good but just do not suit some cars 'in the flesh', especially if there is a lot of black trim or plastic, which the P2 seems to have.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts