Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my car 14 days ago. All went well initially then the drivers wing mirror dropped into "look at the kerb mode" when ever the car was in drive. It would re-set when locked but return to the dipped (kerb) position when unlocked. Thus unsafe to drive! Car taken to TMS Volvo and the latest software installed. Great problem fixed. However after the software fix my One+ phone will not work with my Polestar 2. I can pair the phone with the car (bluetooth) but making calls I get no audio and the recipient gets a loud uncomfortable noise. No incoming calls possible. Phone reset and latest software updated without success. Then car checked with a iPhone and a Samsung phone (Android) both paired with my Polestar and worked. My One+ continued to fail. Next test try pairing my One+ phone with a Volvo XC40 - no problem works fine just like it did on my Polestar before the software upgrade to fix the driver mirror issue. Thus there seems to be an issue with the One+ phone and Polestar.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Frustrating.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was hoping the days of incompatible phones were gone. 😕 Car manufacturers used to provide lists of compatible phones including software versions. Perhaps Polestar should do the same?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping the days of incompatible phones were gone. 😕 Car manufacturers used to provide lists of compatible phones including software versions. Perhaps Polestar should do the same?
Agreed, but this car is solid Android and it was fully compatible before the software update to fix the wing mirror issue. I believe it is simply a software update issue not fully tested by Polestar before release.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
OK I have a One+ 7 Pro ... will test when I get my car, but don't hold your breath ... it's not due for another month.

·
Super Moderator
677 Posts
If there are any Bluetooth options in the phone to turn advanced options off for audio, for instance, try disabling them...? Likewise if there are any options in the car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts