Polestar Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Exactly, and with a Wi-Fi symbol next to the deactivated 4G in the upper left corner, just like any phone.
Interesting. I guess if you have your own unlimited plan, this might be a good option. It's still a shame the car doesn't work by itself :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Interesting. I guess if you have your own unlimited plan, this might be a good option. It's still a shame the car doesn't work by itself :confused:
Oh, but the car work by itself. For testing purposes I deactivated 4G in the car just now. The 4G problem in my experience have been that even at full signal strenght judging by the 4G symbol, the 4G have been offline perhaps 3-4 times for 10-60 minutes during the past 30 days for me. Deactivating 4G manually makes the 4G symbol look just like when it was offline unintentionally (small x in the bottom right corner of the symbol). So to me this looks like something a software update on the Google system would fix. At least I know I can use my phone connection in case of failure now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Also useful as after 3 years, we have to pay for the 4G connection. Instead we can just put the mobile hotspot on our phones when we're in the car. Using Macrodroid, you can make a phone automatically start the hotspot when it connects to the car's Bluetooth handsfree system :).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts