Polestar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Similar thing occured in Germany about 4 weeks ago. 4G was there (solid triangle), but no Internet connection (little x in the triangle) for 4 days. Rumor says, the cars were not registered with T-Mobile and the 30day test account expired.

Used the hot-spot of my mobile phone without problems until the service was restored. If you set the connection to auto-reconnect, this works pretty seamless.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Used the hot-spot of my mobile phone without problems until the service was restored. If you set the connection to auto-reconnect, this works pretty seamless.
Would you mind explaining how you used you mobile to connect to the P2's Google Assistant?

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
653 Posts
Enable hotspot on your phone. Go to the network section of the settings in the car, enable Wifi, connect to your hotspot, enable 'automatically reconnect to known networks'.
Thanks. That works as a short term fix.
@Terran - is your's back up & running since that guy sat in your car?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, as though it had never left - odd!

·
Registered
195 Posts
4 .... mine down too.

Tried all the normal stuff. Turning On/Off the Mobile Data, Tried the full reset.
Make that 5. Mine not working this afternoon. Just an empty triangle where the solid triangle and 4g signal usually is.

Happened last week too for a whole day (tried reboot, toggling 4g data, checking notification/signing in to privacy terms etc) nothing worked. Started working again the next day on its own

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Lots on Facebook with the same problem. Empty triangle means the SIM card can't register the device on the cellular network so it's something to do with the network operator invalidating (or not renewing) the SIM access.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I tried making my Phone a Hot Spot ... the car didn't like it at all. It found the phone ok, but would not connect. In addition I tried changing all the security options.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lots on Facebook with the same problem. Empty triangle means the SIM card can't register the device on the cellular network so it's something to do with the network operator invalidating (or not renewing) the SIM access.
Sounds like a classic payment dispute!

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Nah, classic "Oops, no-one thought to click 'renew'" I think! :)

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
653 Posts
Mine is still not working. I was going to give it a few days but google assist now has an American accent & a very reedy, whiny voice.
Customer services open at 10am

·
Registered
143 Posts
Keep us posted @dave, would be great to know what to do if/when it happens again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make that 5. Mine not working this afternoon. Just an empty triangle where the solid triangle and 4g signal usually is.

Happened last week too for a whole day (tried reboot, toggling 4g data, checking notification/signing in to privacy terms etc) nothing worked. Started working again the next day on its own
Same issue for me since yesterday morning (empty triangle) and no internet connection. Tried the above without success. Web chat told me to contact the local service centre. We see if it resets over the next few days.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts