Polestar Forum banner

141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't know US law, but in the UK we have some benefits in this. Obviously if the car is delivered to me with serious defects i can refuse to accept it straight away. In addition UK law gives us rights under Distance Selling law, and Polestar contract gives us the right to reject within 14 days and 620 (?) miles.
It is a leap of faith i agree, but sadly the Tesla/Polestar car sales model is going to become more prevalent now as other 'mainstream' car manufacturers adopt it.
620 miles = 1000 km, I guess that’s how that came about.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great news that you re all so close to delivery. We're a few weeks behind in North America.
But I am surprised that Polestar expects payment in full before final delivery. Am I reading that correctly?
I wasn’t best pleased that they effectively said “cheers easy!”after I sent them the cash and promptly put me to the back of the early queue.

However, I’d rather sun myself at Weymouth with the lovely Mrs Fidelis than have some small delivery advantage!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wasn’t best pleased that they effectively said “cheers easy!”after I sent them the cash and promptly put me to the back of the early queue.

However, I’d rather sun myself at Weymouth with the lovely Mrs Fidelis than have some small delivery advantage!
I'm going to try the 'small amount transfer test' first - see if it shows up (and account details are correct!). Ship due to Zeebrugge Weds...lets see what happens...🤞

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well I have no car from next week. I won't need really until end of October (school term break).
So I'm hoping mine is on the Themis and that the October on my account is accurate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For thise awaiting confirmation of delivery dates from Polestar (like myself) - sorry if I've missed it, but can anyone advise what site to go to to track the vehicle (assumingI receive a VIN number)?

I've found "VesselFinder", but I'm not sure how even with a VIn I can find out what ship the car is loaded onto.?

TIA

·
Registered
77 Posts
Developments this morning - I’ve just had the Polestar email offering a delivery date.

The only snag is that this is 17 September - next Thursday - right in the middle of the holiday I told Edward from Polestar about last week.

Just seeing if they’ll deliver instead to the hotel - a long shot I know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For thise awaiting confirmation of delivery dates from Polestar (like myself) - sorry if I've missed it, but can anyone advise what site to go to to track the vehicle (assumingI receive a VIN number)?

I've found "VesselFinder", but I'm not sure how even with a VIn I can find out what ship the car is loaded onto.?

TIA
There was an earlier discussion about this - along the lines that Polestar had asked the shippers to disable this search facility, presumably as they were being asked questions by customers based on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Its odd that the delivery warning is so short. Polestar website says you must pay 14 days before delivery. I had 7 days warning of delivery and then found the banks want 2 working days to make payment. So still hoping nothing gets in the way.
Still not got my registration number, so can't insure it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don't complain, you're getting your car!
We had 7 days notice as well, and they immediately then said that payment was 7 days overdue! We then needed to move money around and sell a car, which we did, and made payment in 3 tranches. These then fell foul of our banks fraud 'system' and needed to be cleared individually. Once the money reaches Polestar it can then take 2-3 days to reach your account. I has a call from them yesterday querying whether the final bit had been paid, as my delivery is tomorrow. I assured then it had, and they said it wouldn't affect my delivery, but i see it's still not there this morning.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's all so last minute & amateurish.
I can understand why it's so difficult to get any information from leasing brokers if direct private buyers like yourselves are having such difficulties. Imagine trying to organise dozens of deliveries!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Its odd that the delivery warning is so short. Polestar website says you must pay 14 days before delivery. I had 7 days warning of delivery and then found the banks want 2 working days to make payment. So still hoping nothing gets in the way.
Still not got my registration number, so can't insure it.
Have you phone CS for the registration number? I phoned yesterday morning and they got mine to me late afternoon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
A little bit of frustration for me . . .
I paid the reservation fee 18 months ago, I have a VIN, a Reg Number and I paid the lease initial payment and set up a direct debit last night . . . Yay !
Then I failed the verification check* and was presented with a 'please call the help desk' message, which I did this morning.
Their advice, as they cannot reset the last stage to let me have another go; was for me to restart the finance process from the beginning
. . . but I do not have that option on the Polestar website, I said . .
So they said - Okay, cancel the whole order and start again . . !!

I'm waiting for a call back and hopefully a better solution.

So near and yet so, so far 😒

* Financial questions that only I know the answers to, which is great if the questions were explicit, but vague questions about "your bank account" don't work if you have two!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just found this forum and thought i would share my experience, as it has been a positive one that has only been stressful because of my own excitement and impatience to take delivery!

Ordered 27th August - Void/Charcoal/Performance
Initial estimated delivery - December
Updated 10 days ago to Sept
Tracked the VIN to the Morning Linda
Confirmation of delivery for 17th Sept was received today.

Looks like it is all down to the whether your spec was pre-built and your location fits with their delivery programme. So excited to finally have the date confirmed, as i know how frustrating it has been not knowing!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just found this forum and thought i would share my experience, as it has been a positive one that has only been stressful because of my own excitement and impatience to take delivery!

Ordered 27th August - Void/Charcoal/Performance
Initial estimated delivery - December
Updated 10 days ago to Sept
Tracked the VIN to the Morning Linda
Confirmation of delivery for 17th Sept was received today.

Looks like it is all down to the whether your spec was pre-built and your location fits with their delivery programme. So excited to finally have the date confirmed, as i know how frustrating it has been not knowing!
Wow - that's impressive. Was that a cash purchase direct or through a lease provider? I ordered mine through a lease provider a few days after yours - I'd be over the moon if it got brought up to within the next few weeks (but I doubt it).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow - that's impressive. Was that a cash purchase direct or through a lease provider? I ordered mine through a lease provider a few days after yours - I'd be over the moon if it got brought up to within the next few weeks (but I doubt it).
It was a cash purchase direct with polestar.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've been saying for ages, pick the right spec (especially Void + no options (even leave default interior)) and you have a high chance of getting one ASAP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
A little bit of frustration for me . . .
I paid the reservation fee 18 months ago, I have a VIN, a Reg Number and I paid the lease initial payment and set up a direct debit last night . . . Yay !
Then I failed the verification check* and was presented with a 'please call the help desk' message, which I did this morning.
Their advice, as they cannot reset the last stage to let me have another go; was for me to restart the finance process from the beginning
. . . but I do not have that option on the Polestar website, I said . .
So they said - Okay, cancel the whole order and start again . . !!

I'm waiting for a call back and hopefully a better solution.

So near and yet so, so far 😒

* Financial questions that only I know the answers to, which is great if the questions were explicit, but vague questions about "your bank account" don't work if you have two!
Exact same thing here, I feel your pain! Wouldn't accept my bank details for the direct debit and then the random credit questions, which I got a 404 error and then retried to say computer said no... also waiting for a call back to confirm they can expedite a re-order but that their system means they must cancel my original order and start it all over again, there's no option to manually override or perform an offline check.

141 - 160 of 188 Posts