Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polestar has announced that Polestar 2 deliveries have started in Canada!

Are there any Canadians here expecting to get their cars soon?

--
Richmond Hill, Ontario (December 10, 2020) – Polestar, the Swedish electric performance car brand, today announces customer deliveries of the highly anticipated Polestar 2 in Canada. The arrival of the brand’s first fully electric car also marks a momentous occasion as Polestar begins opening retail Spaces in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.

“Polestar 2 is our first fully electric car, which makes the deliveries in Canada a substantial milestone for the company,” said Hugues Bissonnette, Country Manager of Polestar Canada. “The Polestar 2 places us directly in the center of the burgeoning premium electric vehicle segment and is the car that will propel Polestar toward future growth.”

With an avant-garde take on modern luxury and design, the Polestar 2 is a five-door fastback and includes a fully vegan interior as standard. It revolutionizes the in-car experience thanks to the world debut of Google’s Android Automotive OS infotainment system. This technology enables Google Assistant voice commands, Google Maps navigation and a design layout that seamlessly integrates the Polestar 2 into the driver’s connected lifestyle.

Polestar will redefine the owner experience and take the hassle out of traditional car ownership. With a digital-first retail model, Polestar cars are available to purchase on Polestar.com, where customers can also schedule an at-home test drive and arrange for contactless delivery. Vehicles will be offered with financing as low as 0.9% with numerous leasing options, free pick-up and delivery servicing within 240km, and, of course, a full 4-year comprehensive vehicle warranty.

In support of its digital-first retail model, Polestar is also expanding its retail footprint with the opening of Polestar Spaces for customers to experience and order the Polestar 2. A permanent Space will open in Toronto on Wednesday, December 23, at 55 Avenue Road in Yorkville. Temporary Polestar Spaces will also open in Montreal and Toronto, ahead of permanent retail locations opening in early 2021. Vancouver will open a Space on Friday, December 18, in Yaletown at 1050 Homer Street. The Montreal Space is opening imminently at Carrefour Laval.

The Polestar 2 has an MSRP of $69,900 CAD and is available for sale across all Canadian territories.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The website for me says "planned" but when I click for more info it just spins and doesn't load.

Someone said they were one of the first deliveries so hopefully they got theirs. The app is telling me Jan delivery, just got bumped from Dec.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The website for me says "planned" but when I click for more info it just spins and doesn't load.

Someone said they were one of the first deliveries so hopefully they got theirs. The app is telling me Jan delivery, just got bumped from Dec.
Being processed to step 4. Car should arrive with dealer dec 13. Delivery shortly after. 3 cars are going through this stage in BC now according to dealer. Wait and see...

·
Registered
11 Posts

The same is happening for me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I got a real piece of paper (contract) to sign just now... It replaces step 4 on the website, I think the Space has given up themselves on trying to get the website going - they just decided to mock up a manual piece of paper - just one simple page... Getting close now... My website managed to see those 4 famous steps, but got stuck on step 4. Anyway, website has been deleted from favourites in my browser now, don't need it anymore - actually never needed it to start with... Great news.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is there anywhere we can see what the 4 steps are? I have no idea where in the process I am.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is there anywhere we can see what the 4 steps are? I have no idea where in the process I am.
Next to your confirmed order details (under the tab "Orders", there's a button "Continue". At first that will bring you to your order details (showing configuration etc), but at a point the Space will reset your page so that when you click on "continue" you get four tiles 1. Payment method 2. Trade-in 3. Add-ons 4. Confirmation and pickup.
You then need to go through all of them. I never got further than 3. (and system kept looping me back to start of 3. - it's a bug). They tried to open 4. up for me and gave up. I'm now manually completing an Offer to Purchase that needs to be signed, that will then be followed by a Purchase Agreement. All that is separate from the website. Don't waste your time with the website. It has never worked and it will never work. You'll likely end up emailing with the dealer (Space) directly. It could be there's some extra paperwork needed if your are financing or leasing, but I don't know those details. Again, it likely will all be manual / by email.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am part of the first batch of deliveries in Toronto which should be before Christmas.
I am waiting until the financing part of their system is finally up and ready to proceed with my delivery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts