Registered
25 Posts
Youtube video showing a golf bag entering in the trunk at 5'29" :

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
New here and I am looking for some answers. The PoleStar 2 is going to be my work car. I need to fit a ladder into the back of the car. The ladder is a Little Giant, A frame type ladder. It is 150cm/5ft long, 47cm/1.5ft at the articulated end, and 59cm/2ft at the wider base. I currently carry it around in the back of my Prius Prime. The fat end slips into the trunk area and pushes up against the back of the passenger seat (rear seats are completely folded down). The small end sits in the trunk and just "kisses" the glass trunk hatch.
SO the important dimensions for me are in order to not touch the glass hatch, how far in does the ladder need to be ? Does it completely compromise front passenger seating ?

Any help is most appreciated.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi All,
New here and I am looking for some answers. The PoleStar 2 is going to be my work car. I need to fit a ladder into the back of the car. The ladder is a Little Giant, A frame type ladder. It is 150cm/5ft long, 47cm/1.5ft at the articulated end, and 59cm/2ft at the wider base. I currently carry it around in the back of my Prius Prime. The fat end slips into the trunk area and pushes up against the back of the passenger seat (rear seats are completely folded down). The small end sits in the trunk and just "kisses" the glass trunk hatch.
SO the important dimensions for me are in order to not touch the glass hatch, how far in does the ladder need to be ? Does it completely compromise front passenger seating ?

Any help is most appreciated.
Rear seat back down, should be able to fit - Bjorn measures the distance from the front seat backs to the hatch opening as 183 cm

Could even get away with having only half the seat backs down.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
I was gonna suggest the same. I think flat it looks like it will fit with one of the rear seats down. You might even be able to keep the privacy shelf.
And I would think the load would be a lot more stable. You might not even need a tie-down. Standing it on edge means you need to strap it tight so it won't fall over.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here is what I do with the Prius and need to do with the Polestar.
The height of the liftgate glass to the storage deck, and how far in the ladder needs to be is a concern. View attachment 13772
We have a similar type of ladder, so I can try to measure for you sometime this weekend.

As other's have said, it would fit no problem if you had it flat...but I assume you have it on end for a reason.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here is what I do with the Prius and need to do with the Polestar.
The height of the liftgate glass to the storage deck, and how far in the ladder needs to be is a concern.
My ladder was only 4 feet tall when collapsed, so I had to extend it a bit to get close the the height of yours (it's sitting at 6.5 feet in these pictures, so it would be a very tight squeeze for your ladder).

Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Flooring Tints and shades Gas Automotive exterior Automotive design

21 - 29 of 29 Posts