Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
1,737 Posts
What revised grill? Looks like tape to me.
It is tape, but it's over something that's not the standard grill either. Look at the small bit that's visible, and you'll see it's slats like the XC40/C40, not blocks like the current PS2. You'll also note that the camera and the associated radar block, are not bulging out like they are on the current version.

C40:
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Polestar's design language starting with the Polestar 3 is to have all the sensors nice and flush in a color matched 'grill'. the shortcut for the PS2 was to basically give it the XC40/C40 grill.

· Registered
415 Posts
They are def trying to update the grill to a slate similar to Polestar 3 and family.

· Registered
SMSR - Jupiter - Plus
55 Posts
It is tape, but it's over something that's not the standard grill either. Look at the small bit that's visible, and you'll see it's slats like the XC40/C40, not blocks like the current PS2. You'll also note that the camera and the associated radar block, are not bulging out like they are on the current version.

C40:
View attachment 16981
View attachment 16982

Polestar's design language starting with the Polestar 3 is to have all the sensors nice and flush in a color matched 'grill'. the shortcut for the PS2 was to basically give it the XC40/C40 grill.
that XC40 recharge front is just horrible...
although I like the model S better without that silly grill from the early years.
Wheels look like MY23 19", why do they tape that? They want to fill the remaining gaps for MY24?

Reactions: JRB_89

· Registered
MY22 LRDM Snow Pilot Plus 20" wheels
535 Posts

C40:
View attachment 16981
View attachment 16982

You're right, the bottom bit does look very similar to the XC40 blanked off grill. I hope they don't implement this as the current grill gives the P*2 front end styling some personality. Changing it to that blanked off panel will reduce the styling to a more generic look.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
You're right, the bottom bit does look very similar to the XC40 blanked off grill. I hope they don't implement this as the current grill gives the P*2 front end styling some personality. Changing it to that blanked off panel will reduce the styling to a more generic look.
I actually hope they do implement a painted and more aero grill. To me the current grill makes it look like the ICE variant that never was. Assuming this new variation sees the light of day, and it's plug-n-play, then I would order it for my 2021.

· Registered
MY22 LRDM Snow Pilot Plus 20" wheels
535 Posts
I actually hope they do implement a painted and more aero grill. To me the current grill makes it look like the ICE variant that never was. Assuming this new variation sees the light of day, and it's plug-n-play, then I would order it for my 2021.
Unless they completely redesign the front end, just sticking a painted blanking panel doesn't make it look any less like a car that was styled as an ICE. It just looks like an afterthought IMHO.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts