Polestar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I bought a lift years ago and have surprised myself by doing jobs on my cars that I wouldn't have guessed I could. A good manual, the internet, and the occasional YouTube video are amazing. But now? Well what am I going to do with the lift? Bother.

Well, I can always use it to change the settings on the dampers and swap out a winter wheel set, right?
I stopped working on my own cars when I could no longer recognize anything under the hood. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know anything about preconditioning and whether it's possible via app while on wifi and/or cellular and charging/not charging?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I vaguely recall that we'll be able to precondition the car. I don't recall the source.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Anyone know anything about preconditioning and whether it's possible via app while on wifi and/or cellular and charging/not charging?
The P*1 app allowed preconditioning either by preset time, or just turn on for upto 15mins.
I see no reason the P*2 app would be any different.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think this will be standard on the phone app (due December). Not sure if it can be triggered by the key fob like you can with the Ampera though, i suspect not as it may not have the range.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think this will be standard on the phone app (due December). Not sure if it can be triggered by the key fob like you can with the Ampera though, i suspect not as it may not have the range.
If you're within range to unlock the car you should be within range to precondition.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not sure there's a button for that on the fob. I did read somewhere, maybe the manual (o_O) that if you press and hold the unlock button, it will open the windows to cool the car. Press and hold the lock button to close the windows. Good feature!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had hoped sooner than December. It's already getting cold enough some nights here in Norway, that starting pre-heating/conditioning without getting into the driver's seat would be useful.

I had mine to service today, for a minor software update to fix an issue with keys no longer working (I had to use the emergency key to get in, and then the backup fob reader in rear cupholder to disarm the alarm and drive the car). The technician said that a major software update was expected week 48, and that sounds like that timeframe too.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I had mine to service today, for a minor software update to fix an issue with keys no longer working (I had to use the emergency key to get in, and then the backup fob reader in rear cupholder to disarm the alarm and drive the car). The technician said that a major software update was expected week 48, and that sounds like that timeframe too.
This is not the kind of thing those of us waiting like to hear. I'm surprised they couldn't update your car OTA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Out of everyone on a Norwegian Fb group w. 4.8k members, no one else has experienced my particular problem. Polestar's backup solution w the key blade and cup holder reader worked great once I figured out how.

However, what everyone is asking for is more info from Polestar on whether or not OTA currently works, or if a service center update is required first.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Can you ask Google to heat the car remotely?
Unsure, but when the app comes you'll be able to do it via that.

I know Google works from your car to your home (turn on lights and open garage doors etc...) but unclear if it works from home to car.

Personally I'm not sure I want my son asking Google stuff that could affect my car! 😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unsure, but when the app comes you'll be able to do it via that.

I know Google works from your car to your home (turn on lights and open garage doors etc...) but unclear if it works from home to car.

Personally I'm not sure I want my son asking Google stuff that could affect my car! 😂
😀 maybe not. But when Google works correctly, it should be able to distinguish between you and your son.

81 - 100 of 161 Posts