Polestar Forum banner

101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Unsure, but when the app comes you'll be able to do it via that.

I know Google works from your car to your home (turn on lights and open garage doors etc...) but unclear if it works from home to car.

Personally I'm not sure I want my son asking Google stuff that could affect my car! 😂
You would have to setup your car as a controllable device, and then setup the permissions in your home. I seriously doubt this will ever be possible or allowed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi there,
Does someone know how to adjust the height of the headlight beams? When I use the automatic light the beams are very high and I’m blinding everyone. I cannot find this in the carmenu and manual. Everyone is blinking at me 😬
This is getting quite annoying now.
Many thanks in advance !

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
hi there,
Does someone know how to adjust the height of the headlight beams? When I use the automatic light the beams are very high and I’m blinding everyone. I cannot find this in the carmenu and manual. Everyone is blinking at me 😬
This is getting quite annoying now.
Many thanks in advance !
Are you use just high beam or automatic high beam?

·
Registered
22 Posts
All the early cars in Norway got delivered with the lights adjusted at a much too high angle. It's a 10 minute procedure to get it adjusted at the local Volvo shop. I have also read how to do it yourself, but may be hard to get it done 100% right. Now the lights are amazing, especially the automatic high beam mode (Pixel LED).

·
Registered
5 Posts
All the early cars in Norway got delivered with the lights adjusted at a much too high angle. It's a 10 minute procedure to get it adjusted at the local Volvo shop. I have also read how to do it yourself, but may be hard to get it done 100% right. Now the lights are amazing, especially the automatic high beam mode (Pixel LED).
Thank you for the info ! I will contact the Volvo shop

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want to adjust them yourself there was someone in the UK Facebook Group saying that you can open the Frunk and adjust them. You need to remove the two plugs to expose the adjuster. I have no additional info but you could try yourself if you didnt want to have to find a dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you want to adjust them yourself there was someone in the UK Facebook Group saying that you can open the Frunk and adjust them. You need to remove the two plugs to expose the adjuster. I have no additional info but you could try yourself if you didnt want to have to find a dealer.
Thanks for the reply! I already went to the Volvo dealer and they adjusted them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update: there is an adjuster located next to each head light almost in-line with the edge of the grill. You just need a small socket set to manually adjust. Poster on UK Facebook group has a video of him doing it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just the angle. You can't change the brightness.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
After seeing this on facebook it looks really easy to do the change yourself. If you have a mate with a car both pull up to a wall at night, put your lights on and adjust so you are close to his level.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Am I missing the point but don't cars usually have a headlight height adjuster roller button thingy conveniently located near the other control switcheroos reachable from what I think is known as the driver's seat ? Since at least the 1990's.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did mine by simply pointing it at the nearest wall/hedge and lowering it a bit, then the next day looked to see where the lights "run out" on the road in front of me. If it's just below the lights of a car in front, with a two second gap, that's pretty much spot on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
101 - 120 of 161 Posts