Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Polestar 2's Frunk has 35 litres of storage space. Which is on the small end when you consider that the Mustang Mach-E's Frunk is 136 litres (4.8-cubic-feet) and the Telsa Model 3 has about 99 liters (3.5 cubic feet).

It's a bit surprising that the difference is that big but it's not a deal breaker for me or anything. Is that enough storage space for everyone else?

Polestar 2 Frunk Space

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think overall the car has plenty of storage unless you really have a large requirement, in which case you should consider an SUV. I believe the Polestars small frunk has to do with the structures they added to the front frame to reduce cabin intrusion from an offset collision. They take the place of what an ICE used to do in that space. The ME and the M3 have nothing like that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think overall the car has plenty of storage unless you really have a large requirement, in which case you should consider an SUV.
Why should we be forced into a pointlessly big SUV when all we require is a large boot (trunk)?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why should we be forced into a pointlessly big SUV when all we require is a large boot (trunk)?
There are other options too. Like a roof box, or small trailer. But you can't otherwise expect a relatively small car to have a very large trunk. There are lots of choices out there, and if storage is your driving factor then you have to select something that accommodates your needs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
True but I didn’t really want to use a roof box for the yearly trip to the airport with 4 medium sized suitcases and up to 4 hand luggage cases.

My current car is just 25cm longer (most of that is rear legroom) yet the boot is a massive 625 ltrs, so I was expecting something larger than the 405 ltrs the Polestar 2 is offering.

I hope most of the deficiency is down to a reduced height (high boot floor)? but I can’t find any dimensions online for the boot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I hope most of the deficiency is down to a reduced height (high boot floor)? but I can’t find any dimensions online for the boot.
From https://www.reddit.com/r/Polestar/comments/hi3c6r
A Polestar rep told me:

Rear seats upright and parcel shelf installed
- Above the floor: 364 liters / 12.8 cubic feet
Rear seats upright and parcel shelf removed
- Above the floor: 431 liters / 15.2 cubic feet
Rear seats folded and parcel shelf removed
- Above the floor: 1,054 liters / 37.2 cubic feet
Comparing to a typical sedan, where I think 14-15 cu ft trunk space is pretty typical, whether you remove the parcel shelf or include the ~40 L under floor space, seems the P2 trunk space is fine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Bolt has an SUV profile with the roof going all the way back whereas the 2 has a sloping rear window. I think that's where the difference in total cargo volume is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts