Polestar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly hello all the same people who are also in the Polestar area of SpeakEV and on the UK Facebook page :) This is a gratuitous re-post of what I put on there, but others may find it useful here too.

It's annoyed me ever since I started looking that the online manual is, shall we say, rather cumbersome, having to click individually into each section to open each page.
Surely, I thought, I could write some software to do all the clicking for me and dump the contents in a file?

So I did :) You can see a video of it in action for a few seconds here. To grab all sections of the manual takes around half an hour though I am on WiFi.

The HTML file of the complete Polestar 2 manual (as of 5th September) is here. It's one single, massive, file and isn't organised into clickable sections or anything, it's just like a book with no index. The images are also not scaled correctly so you get all sorts of pictures being far too big. Scope for improvement then!
Note that you need to be connected to the internet to read it as it loads all the pictures dynamically. If you want a static version to read offline, load the attached HTML file into a browser and save it (or print is) as a PDF. I'll warn you now that the PDF is rather big, around 97MB!

The nice thing about this is I can run it whenever I want to, as it reads the page like a human would by working through whatever sections are there. I'll try and update it from time to time and update the link here. I might try moving it across onto a Raspberry Pi that's permanently on, and have it regenerate it once per day for the fun of it...

If anyone would like to have a look at the source code just send me a message. It involves Python, Selenium, GeckoDriver and Firefox and was rather a learning experience for someone who normally writes embedded software for devices without operating systems, but was rather fun in a very geeky way!

--> EDIT: you can download the full PDF here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm most of the way through making a script which will log into my orders page, process the page and automatically email me if I get a VIN assigned or a delivery date change :) Anybody fancy a copy of this if I get it working?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I'm most of the way through making a script which will log into my orders page, process the page and automatically email me if I get a VIN assigned or a delivery date change :) Anybody fancy a copy of this if I get it working?
Yes, please.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes please - much easier than logging in every day... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very cool. You should do a post just on that and get it stickied too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm honoured, never had a post made sticky before! :D (Where's my "We're not worthy" emoji...)

I got it to automatically open the web page, click the "You must be signed in to view this page" button, put in my user details, open the order page and come up with my VIN, which sadly is still "-". I'm aiming to get something into a single Windows program anyone can schedule to run, say, every few hours while their PC is running, and make the Python script available for anyone who wants to run one in the background on a Raspberry Pi or Linux machine. Obviously I neither want nor expect anyone to give me their login details so the program will ask for it and use it locally only.

It'll take me another week or so probably so bear with me :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've now got a version of code up and running to automatically check for changes, and have posted about it, but it's stuck in the @Administrator 's queue for approval... I am getting an email every 4 hours telling me "No change" at the moment! Waiting for it to tell me that a change has occurred...

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have been struggling trying to do all the settings and get spotify etc working, and i have to say the manual is completely useless.:mad:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Oh dear :( I'm updating the manual download now and will put a link up in a minute to the latest PDF (in the top post)...

-> EDITED: added a link in the top post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So does the section regarding 'parking climate' mean that when plugged in the internal cabin temperate can be regulated from the car settings. If so is this a 'keep the cabin warm in winter' solution until the preconditioning via app becomes available?

·
Registered
32 Posts
So does the section regarding 'parking climate' mean that when plugged in the internal cabin temperate can be regulated from the car settings. If so is this a 'keep the cabin warm in winter' solution until the preconditioning via app becomes available?
The online manual has a section on preconditioning timer settings, controlled from the centre display in the car. The timer can be set to finish preconditioning at a predetermined time.The timer can handle up to 8 different settings for times on one or more weekdays, with or without the repeat function.

Hopefully, if it works that way, that should get us through the winter until the app is available

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As I understand it though, "This feature will be available later in the year via an OTA update". Or is that just from the app? I think the in-car settings aren't ready yet but it would be great to hear from someone who has a car.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Can't see any times settings for preheat/cool. Currently if you swipe right from the main climate screen there is an option to switch on immediately for 30 minutes but that's it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's what I heard. On the "Later, dudes" list... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
so the car clearly has the ability to precondition (since you can do it manually now) it must be some really complex software/firmware to introduce the timers ;). Sounds like an hours work for a programmer/software designer. Available from the end of the year

1 - 18 of 18 Posts