Polestar Forum banner
201 - 212 of 212 Posts

· Registered
4,724 Posts
I wonder if this is a result of their contract with LG - that they have to buy a certain amount of their batteries, which they sourced through some date or total amount.
And once they get through their contractual obligations, then they'll switch to the newer battery.

Given the LRSM is pitched as the range-y option, then I guess it makes sense for that spec to get the larger capacity and faster charging variant.

I'm now sincerely considering trading in for the LRSM once y'all post how well it all works in the real world....

· Registered
10,814 Posts
I wonder if this is a result of their contract with LG - that they have to buy a certain amount of their batteries, which they sourced through some date or total amount.
And once they get through their contractual obligations, then they'll switch to the newer battery.

Given the LRSM is pitched as the range-y option, then I guess it makes sense for that spec to get the larger capacity and faster charging variant.

I'm now sincerely considering trading in for the LRSM once y'all post how well it all works in the real world....
Agreed. My concern would be that the new 205KW max charging might not be very significant if the charging curve is even steeper than before.

· Registered
41 Posts
Just specced a SRSM with the same equipment as mine. It ends up at 90 000nok more (roughly 9000USD). It tips it above the tax - limit in Norway for EVs. Also, no charging cables included? Has that been the norm in other markets? I got one type 2 and one schuko included when I bought mine. I’m still happy with keeping my MY23 SRSM!

201 - 212 of 212 Posts