Polestar Forum banner
161 - 180 of 212 Posts

· Registered
2022 P2 Midnight PPP
378 Posts
I wish! On my list of redesign requests would be:
  1. A rear camera washer! The rear camera becomes completely useless under anything but perfectly dry, clean and clear roads.
  2. A front washer to clear not only the camera, but also assist in keeping the radar clear during icy precipitation, which the heater can't entirely keep up with.
I don't know, I'm a big fan of getting the "Sensors may not function due being dirty" pop-up every 10 minutes while I'm driving all winter long.

Also, part of my routine now every time I walk up to the car is wiping the backup camera with my thumb. Worst placement.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Also appears that Midnight cars, the lone holdouts that still had the chrome strip along the lower part of the grill, will have that chrome strip no more. Does that mean that the MY24 completes Polestar's goal of removing all chromed plastic pieces?

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
10,814 Posts
That new grill is in line with how other EVs look. Personally I'm not a fan and prefer our larger black grill. Anything other than black makes the front camera stand out, which detracts from the Polestar logo on the hood.Overall, the look to me is less aggressive and less 'wow, what is that'.
I agree. The grill is always an important design aspect of a car and litterally gives it it's personality/face. The new front facia is just bland. I do like the new PP wheels better than the old ones though. Although still not as good as the original non--PP 20s.

· Registered
Black PS2 SRSM
146 Posts
I don't understand much about software.
With regards to future OTA updates/versions.
Now we have FWD, RWD, DM and RWD biased DM versions of P2's.
Is it possible for an OTA update to cover all models and years?

As the last updates are workshop only, will this set a precedence for pre MY24 P2's?

· Registered
California
1,942 Posts
I don’t remember this being rumored! Front motor disconnect, wow.

The front motor disconnect function on the Long range Dual motor variant is particularly effective at maximising range, which is now up to 592 km WLTP[3], a significant increase of 105 km

· Registered
California
1,942 Posts
So, while I very much like and prefer the new grill, I very much do not prefer the new Performance Pack wheels. I get that they sort of had to freshen those up, but I think the original design was really stunning. The newer design just doesn't stand out as much to me and is actually doing more to hide those Brembos!
Zoomed in, I do like the subtle Polestar dimple in the new wheels. But overall I’m happy with the older ones yeah.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Shame they've gone for the same grill approach as many generic EVs. I guess it was inevitable, personally I like the contrast and material of the current one.

I must be honest, my MY22 wasn't as much as a bargain as the launch edition but I was happy with it. Crossing the £60K barrier for what this car is, nope I'm not so happy with it. It is becoming too expensive for what it is in my opinion. It is starting to make the BMW i4 look better value to me.

· Registered
19 Posts
So, while I very much like and prefer the new grill, I very much do not prefer the new Performance Pack wheels. I get that they sort of had to freshen those up, but I think the original design was really stunning. The newer design just doesn't stand out as much to me and is actually doing more to hide those Brembos!

View attachment 21584
What is PS deal with the cheap stickers on the sides? I pealed mine off day one, and now it looks like they have added one to the new front panel too..

· Registered
10,814 Posts
The one thing I don't love as much as before is the "Polestar Engineered" performance sticker. Very much felt like it had a natural place on the vehicle, and now it kinda feels like it's floating on the smart zone.
View attachment 21593
That sticker looked bad before, and is only worse now. And it might not be a sticker anymore that you can take off.

· Registered
33 Posts
I have seen multiple posts here about the US not getting all the updates. Is that because the Polestar USA website hasn't been updated or because someone has gotten info from a dealer saying what we are getting and not getting?

Or did I just miss an official press release saying we are not?

I was told my my local dealer that they are getting more info this afternoon. So if I hear anything different I will post it here.

· Registered
667 Posts
It's on the Polestar news release
I have seen multiple posts here about the US not getting all the updates. Is that because the Polestar USA website hasn't been updated or because someone has gotten info from a dealer saying what we are getting and not getting?

I was told my my local dealer that they are getting more info this afternoon. So if I hear anything different I will post it here.
It's on the Polestar news item, posted earlier in this thread.

· Registered
1,705 Posts

It's the first note within the official press release. (a local dealer should have read this by now!)

161 - 180 of 212 Posts