Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After reviewing the spec sheet, seems odd that despite having the necessary equipment, they have omitted any automated parking system?
Support have confirmed this. You get parking sensors only, no assisted steering in or out of spaces. My current car, half the price of the P2, features this!

It's not a showstopper from a purchase point of view, but given the competition and the supposed 'modernity' of EVs... seems really odd no?

Perhaps it's something they can add later via software, given the equipment is already present, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it at all. The Model S I recently traded in had it and it rarely worked, as in almost never. My new Jaguar I-Pace has it and it too rarely works.

More importantly, if it does work, it will often scrape your rims and you'll have a bad case of curb rash. That's what happened on my Model S. So I'd look at not having it as a positive. You'd probably try it as a novelty and then rarely if ever use it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you from a point of real-life practicality. I've had mixed results too in my cars, but has come in handy on occasion and this will be the first time in over 6yrs I've not at least had the option. I mean I could just learn to park properly, sure!

However, from a marketing perspective if nothing else, for a car that's supposed to have all the features to rival the competition... it's still a gap IMHO.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have this on my current car and it's more of gimmick that my kids love and impresses a date. Otherwise it's more trouble than it's worth because I can park a lot faster than it can, and if you are in traffic, speed is important.

I imagine Polestar could add it via sw if they really wanted to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Many cars have it and many owners have had their rims scraped as the car parked too close to the curb. No thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Many cars have it and many owners have had their rims scraped as the car parked too close to the curb. No thanks.
I'm not sure what system that is using, but my auto-park has been flawless. The only time I've scraped my rims is when I've parked myself and messed up :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tesla's AP has done this to many people. I have it on my I-Pace and although it hasn't scraped my rims, it frequently doesn't see a spot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have it on our XC90 T8 and it rarely works, meams iise more time to adjust the car for parking than i would need for the parkind myself. And Agreed Iam always worried to scratch rims.
But agree it should be included in such a car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts