Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been struggling to find aftermarket wheels that clear the caliper with proper weight rating. Was hoping to find Volvo or OEM wheelsets that could fit but they are either not rated or with a premium tag ($5k for original wheels+tire).

The only ones I found that could work recommended by shops are Fast FC04 20" and GTS G509 (19x8+35 offset, 815kg load rating), both are Canadian brands (another forum member fitted with 20" and 19" non-pp). With comfort and efficiency being the top priority, I opted for the19" + Conti Vikingcontact 7.

This combo came down to $2800 all incl. Hope my experience can help some of you who are also struggling as we head into the snowy season.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive design
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know! So certain 19"s do clear the Brembos? That's certainly a great choice for our conditions here.
Yes some do fit but it really depends on the design of the wheel. I wanted to match OEM size the closest I can. 19x8.5 front make it out of the wheel arch a big which do make it looks quite aggreviae front

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh sweet! What is the offset?

Oh duh...+35mm

Edit for lack of reading comprehension...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh sweet! What is the offset?

Oh duh...+35mm

Edit for lack of reading comprehension...
No worries! I feel like a lot of wheels should fit but the shops don't want to bother wasting time so only selling what they have in stock or know for sure...

Reactions: Belac

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you have any CLOSER shots of the tire-to-fender sizing? I've been eyeing up some 20x8,5 wheels that are ET35 to ET40 range -- so trying to figure out if a wider wheel would work.

Your 19x8,0 ET35 compared to:
20x8,5 ET35 ... there would be 6mm more wheel "outward"
20x8,5 ET40 ... only 1mm more "poke" -- but 11mm less inward suspension clearance

Obviously brake caliper clearing is another issue unto itself. But my first/foremost concern is fender and spraying stuff down the side of the car. Closer photos of how your tire-to-fender look flush against side of car would be GREAT thanks so much!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have any CLOSER shots of the tire-to-fender sizing? I've been eyeing up some 20x8,5 wheels that are ET35 to ET40 range -- so trying to figure out if a wider wheel would work.

Your 19x8,0 ET35 compared to:
20x8,5 ET35 ... there would be 6mm more wheel "outward"
20x8,5 ET40 ... only 1mm more "poke" -- but 11mm less inward suspension clearance

Obviously brake caliper clearing is another issue unto itself. But my first/foremost concern is fender and spraying stuff down the side of the car. Closer photos of how your tire-to-fender look flush against side of car would be GREAT thanks so much!
It does come out a little bit in the front but nothing crazy. The back looked fine to me as well. Tbh it makes the car look offroadish and aggressive...not something I was hoping to accomplish.

Hope this helps!
Tire Wheel Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

Automotive tire Road surface Tree Asphalt Windscreen wiper

Reactions: arijaycomet

·
Registered
100 Posts
@ishiyakimo perfect photos thanks for sharing — yeah that’s aggressive — hmm — going to be a long winter while i decide what route to go. I may just need to save up and get OE wheel size/width/offset custom made. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ishiyakimo perfect photos thanks for sharing — yeah that’s aggressive — hmm — going to be a long winter while i decide what route to go. I may just need to save up and get OE wheel size/width/offset custom made. :)
My pleasure! I would have gotten an OE wheel set if my pocket was deep enough...

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Launch Edition, Tow
1 Posts
Been struggling to find aftermarket wheels that clear the caliper with proper weight rating. Was hoping to find Volvo or OEM wheelsets that could fit but they are either not rated or with a premium tag ($5k for original wheels+tire).

The only ones I found that could work recommended by shops are Fast FC04 20" and GTS G509 (19x8+35 offset, 815kg load rating), both are Canadian brands (another forum member fitted with 20" and 19" non-pp). With comfort and efficiency being the top priority, I opted for the19" + Conti Vikingcontact 7.

This combo came down to $2800 all incl. Hope my experience can help some of you who are also struggling as we head into the snowy season.

View attachment 8369 View attachment 8370 View attachment 8372 View attachment 8375
do you mind recommending where you bought tires and rims. As you said some places are not very helpful

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do you mind recommending where you bought tires and rims. As you said some places are not very helpful
Just DM you!

I ended up buying at the shop because the cost isn't much different than buying the sets online plus no hassles and worry if it will fit or not.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 - Long Range Dual Motor - Pilot, Plus, Performance - PWF Matt Smaragd
41 Posts
Nice wheels👍
I didn’t even consider the possibility of 19” for my winter wheels at all. I was told when I picking up my P2 that only original 20” performance rims would fit, so was just happy to find other 20” that worked 🤦🏻‍♀️
Well - Good to know for the future upgrade😉

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice wheels👍
I didn’t even consider the possibility of 19” for my winter wheels at all. I was told when I picking up my P2 that only original 20” performance rims would fit, so was just happy to find other 20” that worked 🤦🏻‍♀️
Well - Good to know for the future upgrade😉
Thanks! I don't think anyone can guarantee the fitment unless you do a test fit... But glad you were able to find alternatives!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am thinking of using the oem wheels for winter and ordering custom forged monoblocks for summer use.

just got a price and it is definitely steep. Will need GGPI to pop to the moon for me to pull the trigger. Hahaha

any other brands to consider? Someone mentioned Rays but not sure the style will work.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am thinking of using the oem wheels for winter and ordering custom forged monoblocks for summer use.

just got a price and it is definitely steep. Will need GGPI to pop to the moon for me to pull the trigger. Hahaha

any other brands to consider? Someone mentioned Rays but not sure the style will work.
The problem with Rays is mainly for JDMs so you are not gonna get a huge offering that fits our bolt patterns (5x108) plus the weight ratings. You are looking at more headaches if you have PP.

But they are nice quality wheels. You can do a quick search here.

Reactions: focal

·
Registered
50 Posts
The problem with Rays is mainly for JDMs so you are not gonna get a huge offering that fits our bolt patterns (5x108) plus the weight ratings. You are looking at more headaches if you have PP.

But they are nice quality wheels. You can do a quick search here.
Haha I'm the guy who posted the link.

I think the main problem is that sites like Nengun serves as some kind of a Rakuten Global, it cuts the dealers you have to face like local wheels and tire shops so the price will always be more favorable, problem is of course you have to know what you are doing, do a lot of homework and be confident.

·
Registered
187 Posts
“GTS G509 (19x8+35)”

all four tires?

since my car delivery is moved up, I have to deliver with winters.

View attachment 8369 View attachment 8370 View attachment 8372 View attachment 8375

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
“GTS G509 (19x8+35)”

all four tires?

since my car delivery is moved up, I have to deliver with winters.
Yes all four same offsets.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts