Polestar Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Still recommend this wheel and spec? Don’t need it to stick out. Just want a cheap winter wheel or use for the summer set since they are lighter than the oem.
It does stock out a little on the front but nothing too serious. Is yours PP as well? If so choice are limited.

Nothing cheap these days 😅

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The OEM wheels are 9" on the rear set though. I have ordered a SMLR
There are more options if you don't have PP. I got this specifically for clearing the callipers and passing the load rating.

Yes 8" all, non-staggered. Our cars are not rear-wheel drive or biased (50:50 power, front-biased AWD) so it's doesn't really make a difference other than aesthetic reasons.

·
Registered
187 Posts
There are more options if you don't have PP. I got this specifically for clearing the callipers and passing the load rating.

Yes 8" all, non-staggered. Our cars are not rear-wheel drive or biased (50:50 power, front-biased AWD) so it's doesn't really make a difference other than aesthetic reasons.
I would think it was a stronger wheel to handle the torque load on acceleration.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I would think it was a stronger wheel to handle the torque load on acceleration.
Yes, and smaller wheels will provide more power/torque to wheel. Hence why 19" DM Polestars are faster than PP Polestars.

In any case, I wouldn't worry about the toque especially if you ordered a single motor variant. Just make sure it matches OEM weight load.

Reactions: focal
21 - 26 of 26 Posts