Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone curious about how the Phone as a Key works for the Polestar 2, here' some information that I've found.

- It works for both iOS and Android as long as you have the Polestar Connect App

- There are 4 antenna locations for the start and lock system
Storage compartment in the tunnel console
In the upper front section of the left-side rear door
In the upper front section of the right-side rear door
In the cargo compartment

- For keyless use, a key must be within a radius of approx. 1.5 meters (5 feet) along the sides of the vehicle or approx. 1 meter (3 feet) from the tailgate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
From the reviews, it sounds like Phone as Key isn't ready yet, and the car is being shipped with traditional Volvo keys. Polestar 'promises' that the Phone as Key will be enabled as an OTA 'soon', but we all know what that means.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the reviews, it sounds like Phone as Key isn't ready yet, and the car is being shipped with traditional Volvo keys. Polestar 'promises' that the Phone as Key will be enabled as an OTA 'soon', but we all know what that means.
I'm glad that's the case. I'm still so used to traditional keys

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm glad that's the case. I'm still so used to traditional keys
I can see myself leaving the house with my phone (key) but not my wallet (w/ drivers license). Because my keys sit on my dresser with the wallet for when I go out, whereas my phone is always on me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love the idea of an app that works like a fob.
Random shots of Polestar2 key fobs below.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Polestar 'promises' that the Phone as Key will be enabled as an OTA 'soon', but we all know what that means
Yes, Tesla-style bug fix updates palying catch-up for missing functionality. Lets hope that, unlike Tesla, successive OTA updates don't make some things worse!!
I can see myself leaving the house with my phone (key) but not my wallet (w/ drivers license). Because my keys sit on my dresser with the wallet for when I go out, whereas my phone is always on me.
If it's anything like Telsa, they recommend taking a key with you as well as their phone app sometimes fails (which it did for us). However the Tesla 'key' was a credit card which fits in the wallet, so no biggie!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yes, Tesla-style bug fix updates palying catch-up for missing functionality. Lets hope that, unlike Tesla, successive OTA updates don't make some things worse!!
I've always been leery of this concept. Anyone who's been in the computer business for very long knows full well that new installs don't always go as planned. Your car is not your cell phone and if it goes down the consequences can be significant.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Based on the stated range, I can’t imagine it’s anything but Bluetooth:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts