Polestar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polestar announced today that they're already producing—on schedule—trial prototypes at its Luquiao, China production facility.

Polestar also confirmed that first U.S. Launch Edition Polestar 2 cars are on track (early, even) for first deliveries in June 2020.

Here's the full release from Polestar:

Polestar, the electric performance car brand, highlights its transition from brand concept to operational manufacturer with tooling trial production of Polestar 2 on schedule in the Luqiao factory in China, ahead of for customer deliveries in 2020.

The “tooling trial” is the second prototype phase of the road to market, and is designed to prove vehicle integrity and process quality, thus ensuring customer vehicles delivered in 2020 match Polestar’s exacting standards.

“Polestar 2 tooling trial prototypes are now rolling off the final production line in the Luqiao factory, and so nearing series production,” comments Thomas Ingenlath, Chief Executive Officer of Polestar. “Cars will be with customers in the first half of 2020, as planned. We will continue to make good on our promises.”

Also in China, Polestar 1 customer cars are rolling off the production line at the Chengdu facility, which was inaugurated in August 2019. Designed by internationally renowned architecture and design company, Snøhetta, the facility continues to progress.

The next milestone in Polestar’s journey is the opening of a test track within the grounds of the Chengdu factory. Dedicated to vehicle development and quality assurance, the track reduces the amount of transport required for vehicle assessment. This step to diminish the associated environmental footprint is another part of the brand’s promise to accelerate the shift to sustainable mobility across the industry.

In line with the brand’s digital-first retail model, preorders for Polestar 1 and reservations for Polestar 2 are being taken at Polestar.com. Prospective Polestar 2 buyers can reserve their place in the queue and guarantee 2020 delivery with a fully refundable deposit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm amazed that Polestar 2 is getting so little publicity -- when there's so much for the Mach-E, the Taycan, etc. I think that the Polestar 2 is the best direct competitor for the Model 3, and I'd vastly prefer the Polestar 2 to the Model 3 even with less range. Geely/Volvo/Polestar should have a look at how Ford is publicizing the Mach-E, and Porsche the Taycan, and learn from them. Porsche is doing its first-ever Super Bowl commercial this year, and it's on the Taycan. Geely could surely pay the bill for similar publicity of the Polestar 2. I wonder if Volvo/Polestar/Geely is just too hesitant to commit to a big production run?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts