Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the US the Polestar 2 is going to be eligible for the federal government's $7500 tax credit, the one that's no longer available for Tesla owners. Which is great news for us because who doesn't like saving money?

I know there's more money to be saved in certain states but I'm not familiar with all of them. I know that in New York you can get get up to $2,000 on an EV.

Add below what kind of rebates you can get in your respective state and country (for international owners)!

·
Registered
86 Posts
It seems like NJ residents will be out of luck on the state side. Used to be the state did not charge sales tax on electric vehicles. Now there's a $55,000 MSRP cap for an incentive and you have to actually have purchased it in NJ.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Follow-up for those of us in NY:

Thank you for your email. The Polestar 1 and 2 are still going through the confirmation process with NYSERDA to be added to the eligible vehicle list and are not yet available to be applied for.

Paul Mallard
Coordinator

Direct (858) 429-0907

Drive Clean Rebate, Charge Ready NY and New York Truck Voucher Incentive Program Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

3980 Sherman Street, Suite 170
San Diego, CA 92110

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks Ivan1, I was almost ready to go to Paul again and point out the EPA has finished their tests. If this rebate is not going to be available when my number comes up, I will have to delay my purchase as I am NOT going to miss out on a $2K discount on a car this pricey, I don't care how sexy it is.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Colorado currently has a $4,000 state rebate, but it drops to $2,500 on January 1st, 2021. So this could turn into an expensive delay for me if my delivery pushes past December.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts