Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Oh dear. I wonder how long it will take to fix. And if it will delay deliveries (If they want to fix them in advance of delivery).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was mentioned in the US Delivery thread (which I just read) and the US is saying "it is not a problem in the US, it was older cars" (I'm paraphrasing). Seems like corporate speak to me. If this was a known issue that was fixed, why are the cars only being recalled now?

·
Registered
311 Posts
(Already a post on this topic...)

Old news really. It relates to the first 2200 delivered, and that milestone was passed some weeks ago. All since then have had the update on already and all the owners with VINs before 2200 appear to have been contacted in any case.

Reactions: skwark

·
Registered
233 Posts
ah ok 😅

·
Registered
39 Posts

Old news really. It relates to the first 2200 delivered, and that milestone was passed some weeks ago. All since then have had the update on already and all the owners with VINs before 2200 appear to have been contacted in any case.
So at 002375 - I should be ok then??? I hope it is more of good timing rather than cutting it fine!:sneaky:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Riding on a 0053XX chassis here. Let’s hope so!

·
Registered
11 Posts

This conclusion is not quite correct. Within the first 2200 already delivered - many cars have VIN numbers up to 6000. Meaning that the number of cars on road have nothing to do with their VIN numbers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My VIN is 2398, and I encountered this last Tuesday on the Autobahn, with four people in the car which were quite scared afterwards. The power came back after some seconds, so I was able to continue to drive. I would say it can still affect cars after 2200. It would be helpful if the display could show some more detailed information about the software level.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My VIN is 2398, and I encountered this last Tuesday on the Autobahn, with four people in the car which were quite scared afterwards. The power came back after some seconds, so I was able to continue to drive. I would say it can still affect cars after 2200. It would be helpful if the display could show some more detailed information about the software level.
Have you checked the about screen under settings? The kernel version is the one you want. Aug 24th is the latest I've seen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. Mine was delivered September 15, Security Updates June 1st. Build Number PAG1.200504.001. I think I will try to schedule an update. Over the air would be great.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Do we know what the latest kernel and software versions are? @rgledhill can we add these to the delivery checklist?

seems the PDI folks are updating these less than uniformly

·
Registered
11 Posts
You Win, This is what I got. My version includes the alarm that goes off when the car is in park and the fan goes in berserk mode five minutes after locking the door. And the sudden power loss (just one time, but on the highway). Anyway, still a great car. I will have to talk to my dealer now to get the update.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I get loud fan at random times but less than 20 seconds and has always been when plugged in but not always charging. Don't have those other 'fun' bits, definitely get that update!

1 - 20 of 149 Posts