Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
On the Polestar site Thunder looks like a bland dark gray. In real life it appears to have an interesting blue tint to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Definitely Thunder. I was at the Manhattan Polestar Place today and saw the car in the video. Also got to speak to the associate that drove the car. The car is absolutely beautiful in person.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nice! Any insights from them on how the US launch/rollout is going, if the first batch of cars are en route, and when test drives are happening, etc?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice! Any insights from them on how the US launch/rollout is going, if the first batch of cars are en route, and when test drives are happening, etc?
Test drives in mid August. One person stated deliveries may be pushed back to October but wasn’t certain

·
Registered
732 Posts
Test drives in mid August. One person stated deliveries may be pushed back to October but wasn’t certain
This is disturbing, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Do you have any insight on how established the operation was? Do they just have a couple of cars and nothing else? Any sense of whether computer systems look to be up and running as part of an established business?

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is disturbing, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Do you have any insight on how established the operation was? Do they just have a couple of cars and nothing else? Any sense of whether computer systems look to be up and running as part of an established business?
Just seemed to be a minimalist showroom similar to Tesla. Had one Polestar 2 and Polestar 1. I did not get the feeling they were taking orders or had capacity to look them up etc. The car itself is quality however and worth the wait in my opinion.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just seemed to be a minimalist showroom similar to Tesla. Had one Polestar 2 and Polestar 1. I did not get the feeling they were taking orders or had capacity to look them up etc. The car itself is quality however and worth the wait in my opinion.
That makes sense considering what I've heard from Polestar, and is likely why we don't have VINs yet. NYC is still just a showcase for now. Thanks.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was told by customer service (anyone else BFFs with Mike and Alane??) to expect mid-August test drives and delivery in the last week of Sept/first week of Oct. They indicated mine was in basically the first batch of US deliveries so that implies if you're any later than me, it would be definitely October at the earliest.

In addition, this site says:
"In the first week of August, customers in China and the first Norwegian consumers join the first Swedish customers. Afterwards, customers in Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and Great Britain receive their cars. Deliveries to Switzerland and North America follow." [Google translated from German]

For us to see our cars by mid/late September, we would have to see our UK friends get their cars by early September - which maybe is the case? But it certainly seems no earlier than that, so "last week Sept/first week Oct" seems to be the earliest any of us in N America will get our cars.

Perhaps that first set of deliveries covers basically all the US/Canada pre-orders - but that would imply our total number is a few k, which for Polestar's sake I hope isn't the case. So, I'm guessing we should all actually expect October, and be pleasantly surprised if it is September after all. Hopefully we get our VIN and tracking info sometime soon so we have more to go off of than wild speculation.

·
Registered
732 Posts
That's what I was told as well. I was told the VINs are assigned but we won't get them until mid August because the NYC space doesn't have it's back-office systems setup.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This guy in LA indicates his order is delayed til Nov, despite the order confirmation page saying Sept.

Interested what he meant by "felt like my feet were in shackles" - is the transmission tunnel that wide?? or is that in terms of the space under the driver's/passenger's seat?

·
Registered
732 Posts
This guy in LA indicates his order is delayed til Nov, despite the order confirmation page saying Sept.

Interested what he meant by "felt like my feet were in shackles" - is the transmission tunnel that wide?? or is that in terms of the space under the driver's/passenger's seat?
My understanding is that if the front seats are at their lowest, then there is no toe room under those seats for people in the back.

As for delivery, if the"sales people" were contractors, they might not even have the best info.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My understanding is that if the front seats are at their lowest, then there is no toe room under those seats for people in the back.

As for delivery, if the"sales people" were contractors, they might not even have the best info.
Yeah. Just checked and right now the delivery date stated for a new order is November through the configurator. so I’m guessing (hoping?) the sales people were just parroting that script instead of giving specific advice for that customer.

seems the car is living up to be a good product.

But customer service in the US unfortunately is following the Tesla model too closely....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts