Polestar Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
It looks like Polestar is prepping their website for test drives!

The link for the UK is working. But the one for the US is broken at the moment.

UK

US

Polestar Test Drive

·
Registered
84 Posts
Interesting. They said they’d bring the car to you if it was more convenient due to distance issues. The U.K. site showed nothing like that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When you try and book one for the Polestar 2 it just says that either option is ‘Coming Soon’ so you can’t actually book it yet.

i must admit, with the current Corona Virus issues I was expecting that they would come to you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When you try and book one for the Polestar 2 it just says that either option is ‘Coming Soon’ so you can’t actually book it yet.

i must admit, with the current Corona Virus issues I was expecting that they would come to you.
And that’s what they said they’d do initially. Guys, you better be sure about servicing, because this entire plan still seems to be way up in the air.

·
Registered
166 Posts
And that’s what they said they’d do initially. Guys, you better be sure about servicing, because this entire plan still seems to be way up in the air.
Ken I know you are anxious to see everyone bail on Polestar ;) , but I can't imagine anyone, least myself, signing over $60K without reading all the documentation associated with the transaction. The deal is not done until then, and Polestar has until then to document their plans. Anyone relying on a wink and a handshake shouldn't be buying a car for that much anyway.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ken I know you are anxious to see everyone bail on Polestar ;) , but I can't imagine anyone, least myself, signing over $60K without reading all the documentation associated with the transaction. The deal is not done until then, and Polestar has until then to document their plans. Anyone relying on a wink and a handshake shouldn't be buying a car for that much anyway.
Not at all, but I hate to see people burned. You'd be very surprised at how many people enter into a big purchase like this without knowing all the ins & outs. This is especially true when there's been so much misinformation in the media and the reviews. Many probably still think these cars can be serviced in the U.S. by any Volvo dealer. After all, that's all I read for many months.

I hope everyone that buys one and has nothing but a great experience, but just be careful prior to buying.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well in the UK Polestar will deliver to your house, and I checked with my local Volvo dealership and they will be servicing the Polestar 2 - They currently have one PS1 on the books for services!

But yes very important for everyone to check these details.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not at all, but I hate to see people burned. You'd be very surprised at how many people enter into a big purchase like this without knowing all the ins & outs. This is especially true when there's been so much misinformation in the media and the reviews. Many probably still think these cars can be serviced in the U.S. by any Volvo dealer. After all, that's all I read for many months.

I hope everyone that buys one and has nothing but a great experience, but just be careful prior to buying.
It's hard for me to imagine anyone making a big purchase without reading the fine print -- vs. reading the advertising -- but then again, P.T. Barnum famously said: "there's a sucker born everyday", and he made a lot of money from that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In the UK there is a piece of consumer law relating to 'distance selling', which basicall y means if you order, buy, and pay for a Polestar without visiting a dealership or test driving one, you have the right to reject your vehicle within 7 or 14 days (I cen't remember which), with no reason, even if there is no fault.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In the UK there is a piece of consumer law relating to 'distance selling', which basicall y means if you order, buy, and pay for a Polestar without visiting a dealership or test driving one, you have the right to reject your vehicle within 7 or 14 days (I cen't remember which), with no reason, even if there is no fault.
Now that's a great piece of consumer protection law!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe that was brought in as a response to a European Directive, so similar rules will apply to anyone buying in Europe.

The period is 14 days.

However, as you say you must not have attended a dealers property as part of the purchase process - and as you indicate, the buyer has to be a consumer - so business purchases won't apply.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a chat with the UK customer service end of last week and I was informed that everyone who has made an order will be invited for a test drive. So keep checking your emails and Polestar account for any updates.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I had a chat with the UK customer service end of last week and I was informed that everyone who has made an order will be invited for a test drive. So keep checking your emails and Polestar account for any updates.
It'll be interesting to see how they set that up. It would've been a great way to have a large event for it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts