Polestar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been paying attention to the new BMW i4? It looks like they're going to have an impressive car on their hands...Except for that insane front grille...I'm very curious to see how the production version looks and compares to the Polestar 2.

Horsepower: 530 hp
Battery Size: 80 kWh (It will use BMW's Generation 5 battery packs).
Range: 372 miles
0-62 mph: 4 seconds
Charging: 150-kilowatt and up to 80-percent charge in 35 minutes

·
Registered
85 Posts
This seems more of a model S competitor than a model 3/P2 competitor?

If it can meet those specs (within some tolerance, 10%?), not look like an angry pig, and have a price somewhere close to the P2, then I'll look at it when my P2 lease is up :]

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think its a little way off; by which time all cars would have improved.

Whilst I can se the additional range is of use; to me a car that does 0-60mph in 4.7 has also the on-road useable performance as one that does 0-60mph in 4.0.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd say the iX3 will be more competition to the Polestar 2 ... as it will be out sooner and the costs will be closer.

I will admit I was waiting for more iX3 news /detail ... but not much coming at the moment. Same with Jag's - I wouldn't be able to afford it ... but I'd so want the new model XJ full electric car. Meh ... 2025 purchases 🤩

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think iX3 would go toe-to-toe more with the P*3, reportedly an SUV.
For the P*2 the electric 3-series seems a good match (and it seems to have less of a pig face):

you know, if it ever actually comes out and sees non-Chinese shores

1 - 5 of 5 Posts