Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ariya is more of a competitor for the XC40, but given so many are cross-shopping with the MachE, Model Y, ID4, etc figured would start this thread up.

I actually like the interior a lot based on pics/videos. The face/rear of it not so much but that's more my own anti-crossover hate. I figure if going for "SUV" might as well go proper SUV with the (much more expensive) Rivian R1S.
Though if this is the shape you get after stuffing all the batteries at the bottom then I guess this works.
Not sure how the final stats will line up but for the interior I think I'd take this over the rest of the crossovers!

But really can Volvo or Polestar just make a BEV wagon already....

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I fully expect the FWD to be around £38k for the smaller battery and £45k for the larger one.

This puts in range of the M3/P*2/Mach-E(RWD/ER) pricing in the UK fir the larger battery and the Korean's & 9 Mach-E(RWD/SR) for the smaller battery.

The AWD versions will cost more but no idea why you'd need it in the UK as 99% will be driven mum's on a school run.

As for the car itself, I like it but need to see it myself and what the prices are.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I always assumed that the Ariya would be more in the "barge" category, like the ID.4. But comparing specs, it's actually a bit shorter than a Mach-E. 500km WLTP with the large battery doesn't sound very efficient. The SR Mach-E gets 450 and the ER 660. The interior does look nice, indeed! A friend used to have a well spec'ed out Nissan and it was very nice indeed.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I'm glad to have AWD on the Polestar, but it's over sold. It really doesn't help that much for normal driving. Uphill in the snow? Yes, if you have winter tires? Acceleration on the flat? Yes. A bit. But the rear wheels are doing most of the work. Cornering? Yes. A bit. But only if you're near the limits.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm glad to have AWD on the Polestar, but it's over sold. It really doesn't help that much for normal driving. Uphill in the snow? Yes, if you have winter tires? Acceleration on the flat? Yes. A bit. But the rear wheels are doing most of the work. Cornering? Yes. A bit. But only if you're near the limits.
AWD better in the wet.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Looks like a good car. He's a good reviewer.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Around here the regulations and signs about driving in snow indicate needing AWD with tires coming across as secondary.

But yeah, tires >>> AWD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts