Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's directly address that elephant, eh?

This guy does a great job of summing up my feelings. 'Not an exciting video... just a guy talking, but I think he makes solid points. I'd add Polerad's point that I'm not a big Musk fan so don't want to support him either.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This video is from a UK potential Polestar 2 driver. He describes the ordering process along with some bumps on the way. He will report back and update when he receives his car which could be September.....or October....or December :unsure:

Edit - I've put this in the wrong section. It's been a long day. Mods feel free to move elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I think all the great P2 press is having an impact. Tesla stock tanked 20% yesterday.

·
Registered
'21 P*2, 19", Midnight/leather, +tow
867 Posts
Agreed. But part of the decision to leave them out is that its earnings remain volatile. And I don't believe their environment is improving
I agree competition is going to limit Tesla's growth potential, but the main hits will come from VAG and GM (if GM keeps to their stated EV development schedule). Volvo/Polestar isn't a big volume producer in a way to significantly eat into their bottom line - but VAG/GM certainly are. I still don't get the whole "Tesla is a tech company, not a car company" mantra that has justified their (and Nikola, NIO, etc) astronomic valuation.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I agree competition is going to limit Tesla's growth potential, but the main hits will come from VAG and GM (if GM keeps to their stated EV development schedule). Volvo/Polestar isn't a big volume producer in a way to significantly eat into their bottom line - but VAG/GM certainly are. I still don't get the whole "Tesla is a tech company, not a car company" mantra that has justified their (and Nikola, NIO, etc) astronomic valuation.
Nikola just inked a deal with GM, so they are very much on the upswing since they no longer have to reinvent the wheel. (pun intended :) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts