Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of ordering a P2, however the pilot pack is £3k - great features but all I actually want is a normal cruise control and or a speed limiter, I am not bothered about the extra bits - does the standard car have this? The polestar site is not exactly clear.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Midnight, Leather, Launch ed. Tow-bar, 19”
44 Posts
Thinking of ordering a P2, however the pilot pack is £3k - great features but all I actually want is a normal cruise control and or a speed limiter, I am not bothered about the extra bits - does the standard car have this? The polestar site is not exactly clear.
All models should be delivered with cruise control, but you need pilot pack for adaptive cc. Check this tread: No Cruise Control On Base Model!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Based on the manual's lingo, regular CC is standard (optional items have an asterisk next to them).

I too believe the ACC and Pilot Assist to be the canis familiaris's testes.

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
125 Posts
I wanted ACC on my previous car (a BMW), but messed up when specifying it and missed out. The polestar is the first car I have had with it. In general it is great, but really came into its own in stop start traffic on the M42 during my road trip in June. Nearly 1 hour that I would otherwise have been sitting on the clutch swapping between first and second gear, concentrating the whole time. Instead I just listened to my audio book and let the car do it all. I was struck at the end of the queue how relaxed I felt and how much less tired than I would otherwise have been. For those occasions I think nothing can beat ACC. Would always want to have it from here on in!

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Pilot pack has other features that may be useful above the ACC though…

Pixel LED headlights - very useful

Light sequences - not the foggiest what this is?

LED front fog lights with cornering lights - front fogs are useful

360° camera - less good as the resolution is poor

Driver assistance with Pilot Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Emergency Stop Assist - emergency stop is very useful

Driver awareness with Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with steering assist, Cross Traffic Alert with brake support, and Rear Collision Warning & Mitigation

Automatically dimmed exterior mirrors - useful when driving away from winter sun in evening

Park Assist side - meh

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Light sequence is probably the light show we all love when the car locks and unlocks.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
148 Posts
Pixel headlights are just fantastic! Pilot assist works fine on dual carriage roads. Last time I just placed my cellphone on the left side of the steering wheel and let the car drive itself. Saved me from holding the steering wheel with some force to avoid the warning. Just held it lightly with my hands in my lap.
I don’t see why people complain about the 360 camera. Works fine for me. It even brightens the area around the car when I back into my driveway. I have 6-8 hedgehogs in my garden in the evening, and need to be cautious when I park or drive away.

·
Registered
55 Posts
LED front fog lights with cornering lights - front fogs are useful

Emergency Stop Assist - emergency stop is very useful

Driver awareness with Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with steering assist,
AFAIK fog lights (non LED), Emergency Stop Assist and BLIS are standard- the standard covering "catastrophes" and the package adding convenience

·
Registered
48 Posts
The adaptive cruice-control panic brakes all the time and is overly carefull and misjudges traffic.
The pilot assist lane steering is horrible; weaving all over the place even on clearly marked large roads. On tighter bends it can go full ape and decide not to turn at all or do 90 degree bends where soft curves were clear. I only use it as emergency if I need to let up on the steering wheel for a short time and even then I do not trust it for a second.
Even when both are disabled and you just have accident avoidance enabled the system has a tendency to misinterpret and try to force you to place the car poorly in your lane. It prefers for you to drive with a set of wheels almost on the divider. My buddy jokes that my car must be set up for right side drive to explain the poor placement in the lane.

·
Registered
16 Posts
AFAIK fog lights (non LED), Emergency Stop Assist and BLIS are standard- the standard covering "catastrophes" and the package adding convenience
BLIS is only listed in the Pilot pack on the UK website. Although they have been known to have errors on their site e.g. Heated wiper blades!

I opted for the Pilot pack as this contains the Pixel LED headlights which is an always on full beam but shuts off individual segments to avoid dazzling other road users. Have a similar system on my current BMW and its brilliant.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The adaptive cruice-control panic brakes all the time and is overly carefull and misjudges traffic.
The pilot assist lane steering is horrible; weaving all over the place even on clearly marked large roads. On tighter bends it can go full ape and decide not to turn at all or do 90 degree bends where soft curves were clear. I only use it as emergency if I need to let up on the steering wheel for a short time and even then I do not trust it for a second.
Even when both are disabled and you just have accident avoidance enabled the system has a tendency to misinterpret and try to force you to place the car poorly in your lane. It prefers for you to drive with a set of wheels almost on the divider. My buddy jokes that my car must be set up for right side drive to explain the poor placement in the lane.
That doesn’t sound good?
Can you disable everything permanently or does it re-enable it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts