Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen pictures of what a Polestar 3 might look like?

I love the design of the 2.... although I will admit it's very Volvo-esque.

I like the 2, but an SUV is just so much more practical, so I might want to hold out for a 3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually, the Precept is supposed to show the direction of future Polestar design. Polestar wants to get away from being too Volvo. I doubt that the 3 will look anything like a Volvo. Which is fine by me. I love Volvo, but one Volvo is plenty. :giggle: And the Precept is amazing!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I doubt that the 3 will look anything like a Volvo.
My understanding is that the 3 has long been in the works and won't be very much different in design queues from the 2 i.e. Volvoesque. The Precept is where the design is supposed to diverge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Design Director Max Missoni explained to us that the company’s recently revealed Precept Concept is a strong indication of what’s to come, and that the Polestar 3 SUV will be heavily inspired by it. “The next car that Polestar will launch is the Polestar 3,” said Missoni. “It will be a high-performance SUV that is a different car in its bodystyle, but I would say the Precept serves as a precursor to the design language that you will see in that car.”

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Design Director Max Missoni explained to us that the company’s recently revealed Precept Concept is a strong indication of what’s to come, and that the Polestar 3 SUV will be heavily inspired by it. “The next car that Polestar will launch is the Polestar 3,” said Missoni. “It will be a high-performance SUV that is a different car in its bodystyle, but I would say the Precept serves as a precursor to the design language that you will see in that car.”
Forgetting about what he said, the pictures look just like a Polestar 2 on steroids, aka a P2 SUV that still has the same Volvo design cues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They weren't pictures. They were just Photoshops based on what Missoni said with some added 2 design features. I have no doubt that the real thing will look way nicer. Hopefully we'll know this year. I think it's supposed to be released next year, but maybe they'll at least show us what it'll look like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts