Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hmm, guess I'll download it later this evening. I'm going to see if it will "push" to the car.

Edit: nope, says not available for any of my devices including the "Polestar Polestar". I'll check from the car later. Here's the Play Store URL: ChargePoint - Apps on Google Play

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had to search for it in the car. It didn’t show up when I “browsed all apps” (emphasis mine).

An interesting function is that it’ll send you an alert if you park the car below a chosen SOC and there’s a ChargePoint station within a mile. I can see that being really useful at times (or for some people all the time), but I promptly turned it off since there’s a ChargePoint station half a mile from me and I don’t need the reminder.

·
Registered
164 Posts
FastNED already offer 'plug and charge' I think, although you need to register your car on first use (which is not really a problem).

·
Registered
California
439 Posts
Now that I’ve installed the app, and turned on the low charge notification (which I want!), every time I get in my car I have an orange “new notification” indicator.

The notification is “Park and Charge notification is active.” (dear ChargePoint: I think that name’s already taken…). I cannot dismiss the notification via a left or right swipe, and it does not go away with “Clear All”. I wouldn’t mind so much if it didn’t give me the orange “new notification” bar every single time I get in the car.

Maybe this is just an Android 9 thing and it’ll work correctly whenever I finally get 10?

·
Registered
California
439 Posts
Also, lovely, the app doesn’t exist in my spouse’s account, so she has to download it and connect it too. This part of AAOS is going to get old real fast once there are more apps.

We like to trade-off driving mid-trip. We’ve already been annoyed by loss of navigation routing a couple times. Only going to get worse.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
You could just swap keys too, so that the same key is used throughout the trip? You can use the memory buttons for the seats to manually move them to the right person's stored settings, if you also store them manually.

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
Also, lovely, the app doesn’t exist in my spouse’s account, so she has to download it and connect it too. This part of AAOS is going to get old real fast once there are more apps.
AFAIK this is normal behaviour for Android. I'd rather not have Ms. R. see all the apps I have installed 😇

·
Registered
California
439 Posts
You could just swap keys too, so that the same key is used throughout the trip? You can use the memory buttons for the seats to manually move them to the right person's stored settings, if you also store them manually.
What, like an old school car? Where I have to press buttons to change the seat position? No thank you!

AFAIK this is normal behaviour for Android. I'd rather not have Ms. R. see all the apps I have installed 😇
I completely understand how they ended up with it working this way — it’s very computer-like. But I don’t think it makes much sense for a vehicle that is shared this way. She and I should be allowed to have different driver settings — beyond just seat position — while not, like, completely resetting an ongoing Google route and having to re-login to every audio and charging app.

It’s really bizarre to have to have a completely separate set of charging apps that we log into again — separately — for the same car.

T**** has driver accounts and profiles as well. Some things are stuck with the car, and some are stuck with the profile. They’re very bad at indicating which is which, but at least we didn’t have to set up a whole separate Supercharger app a second time just to have settings stick with each of us.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
while not, like, completely resetting an ongoing Google route and having to re-login to every audio and charging app.
How would the car ever know that you didn't get out and someone else got in to go somewhere completely different? They'd have to first cancel all your settings.

·
Registered
California
439 Posts
How would the car ever know that you didn't get out and someone else got in to go somewhere completely different? They'd have to first cancel all your settings.
I don’t think it’s that ridiculous to have to tap “End Route” when the car was in the middle of a multi-hundred-mile trip... instead of the whole route just disappearing.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nope. Same doppy problem on A10.
Annoyingly, this is a feature in newer versions of Android (9+). Google requires a persistent notification if an app is using the foreground service (means the app can do things that are "noticeable to the user" while being in the background.) Basically so an app isn't consuming resources or spying on you without your knowledge. Google might have changed up the permissions a little bit for AAOS, since media and mapping apps don't need to do this in the car.

I just turned the feature off in the app.

Reactions: 2RatsElop

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
At a burrito spot I was going to for the first time, noticed a bank of ChargePoint chargers - and they were 50kW ones, not just 7kW!
First charger didn’t work. But next stall worked great once I followed the script: set app to start charging, then plug in, and when prompted on the charger hit ‘start’. Not sure you even need to hit start.

in the time it took to get my burrito (15 min total) I added about 15% (52->67%). And I still have the ChargePoint credit going so it was free!
Could get used to this!

·
Registered
358 Posts
One thing I will say is that after my first long trip (350 mi each way) it was very reassuring to pull in the a ChargePoint station (operated by GA Power, mostly) because I was confident it would work with Polestar. Unlike Electrify America, I trust that Polestar and ChargePoint have tested their chargers with the car, given this relationship they have. All the ChargePoint DCFC were new, nice, and worked flawlessly. EVGO worked well, but only 50 kW chargers. EA is still a mess.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
One thing I will say is that after my first long trip (350 mi each way) it was very reassuring to pull in the a ChargePoint station (operated by GA Power, mostly) because I was confident it would work with Polestar. Unlike Electrify America, I trust that Polestar and ChargePoint have tested their chargers with the car, given this relationship they have. All the ChargePoint DCFC were new, nice, and worked flawlessly. EVGO worked well, but only 50 kW chargers. EA is still a mess.
That's what we are all looking for... across the board.

·
Registered
California
439 Posts
At a burrito spot I was going to for the first time, noticed a bank of ChargePoint chargers - and they were 50kW ones, not just 7kW!
First charger didn’t work. But next stall worked great once I followed the script: set app to start charging, then plug in, and when prompted on the charger hit ‘start’. Not sure you even need to hit start.

in the time it took to get my burrito (15 min total) I added about 15% (52->67%). And I still have the ChargePoint credit going so it was free!
Could get used to this!
Well, how was the burrito?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts