Polestar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
P2 thunder inc PP
Discussion Starter #1
I have my P2 being delivered tomorrow morning

Ive just contacted my insurance company in the UK to add the car to my insurance.

They stated as the value of my car is over 50K I would need to add a thatcham category 5 tracker.

they were willing to by pass as the car has its own tracking system. contacted Polestar and they say the car cannot be tracked without the app which obviously isn't available as yet.

im going to have to find another insurance company who can insure the car short term until I can swap my old insurance from my 5 series!

just the heads up and another problem that I have found

Registered
I have my P2 being delivered tomorrow morning

they were willing to by pass as the car has its own tracking system. contacted Polestar and they say the car cannot be tracked without the app which obviously isn't available as yet.
Wait, whaaaa?! That is insane, they can't track it from their SOS Polestar Connect people? All of my cars since 2005 have been able to be tracked if I called in, maybe requiring a police report, and didn't have an app.

Super Moderator
Many company car insurers demand this - mine would have done, if I'd stayed the company car route.

Tracking due to SOS is totally different to the UK insurance tracking system which has to be approved by Thatcham for insurers to recognise it.

Registered
P2 thunder inc PP
Discussion Starter #7
I'd just try another insurer. Yours is the first I've heard of who has demanded this.
managed to get it sorted after i send screen shots of my CCTV System and ensured the car will be parked in the garage over night. hopefully Polestar will get the APP sorted sooner rather than later. Got the car today well worth extra phone calls and emails

Registered
Got the car today well worth extra phone calls and emails
Got the car today? So not affected by the hold and recall that appear to be slowing or stopping deliveries to others?

Registered
I have personally owned several > 50k cars without trackers. Try a different insurer?

Registered
Wait, whaaaa?! That is insane, they can't track it from their SOS Polestar Connect people? All of my cars since 2005 have been able to be tracked if I called in, maybe requiring a police report, and didn't have an app.
You would think it would be a similar concept to the Polestar 1 stolen vehicle tracking where you contact polestar assistance and they can co-ordinate with the police.

Registered
Well, it's what you get with pretty much every other manufacturer these days - certainly all the Germans. But it does not qualify as a 'tracker' for insurance purposes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts