Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Two Motor
275 Posts
No matter how cheap they become Tesla’s still look awful.. and now very common over here..
They are common everywhere... Town of 25000, and they are no longer a surprise to see. At least 3 at my office. The only one we don't have is the X; we even have the original speedster.

But, we do have 2 PoleStar 2's now, Thanks TJ! ;)

· Registered
19 Posts
My Digital Key seems to be a lot more stable after doing this update.
I havent tried this since updating yet. Does it let you open the boot now too?

Always found it odd that it would always let me in the car no problem, but not the boot, and even with putting the phone in wireless tray as per PS support it wouldnt detect the key inside the car and let me drive off.

Might have to wrap a back up key in foil and try it out again now then.

· Registered
1,707 Posts

Always found it odd that it would always let me in the car no problem, but not the boot, and even with putting the phone in wireless tray as per PS support it wouldnt detect the key inside the car and let me drive off.

Mine has always* let me access the boot/trunk using the PAK.

*since the PAK portion of the app became stable roughly 8 months ago.

· Registered
1,707 Posts
My only two real complaints about the app as it is currently are:

1. I really wish they would integrate the ability to adjust the charge setting. It's something they've said they're working on for quite awhile now.
2. The aesthetics. I get that they're going for a minimalist look, but they've gone to the extreme of making it look like a junior programmers "my first app". I'm not saying it has to look exactly like the Volvo app....but that would be a good jumping off point.

· Registered
1,707 Posts
This and window status and control.
The window status is one of those things that exists in the Volvo app, and agree that it's pretty handy. The ability to control them is limited to the keyfob (same as Polestar), because they view it as a safety thing. They don't want you closing the windows if you can't see who or what is currently in the car. They assume limiting it to the keyfob means you're in visual range of the car.

· Registered
1,207 Posts
The window status is one of those things that exists in the Volvo app, and agree that it's pretty handy. The ability to control them is limited to the keyfob (same as Polestar), because they view it as a safety thing. They don't want you closing the windows if you can't see who or what is currently in the car. They assume limiting it to the keyfob means you're in visual range of the car.

Excellent point.

· Registered
40 Posts
Seems like a cop-out. There are sensors in the seats and seat belts; the hardware is all present for the car to know if it is occupied or not. If they’re concerned about rolling windows up or down while the vehicle is occupied, they can solve for that with the software. Or just make an accident-proof confirmation dialog. There are very easy software solutions to everything people claim is a safety thing with Volvo. It’s a convenient excuse for lazy programming.

· Registered
California
1,942 Posts
1. I really wish they would integrate the ability to adjust the charge setting. It's something they've said they're working on for quite awhile now.
This is pretty frustrating. I change charge limit a lot more often than I change the amperage (which is never).

The Mustang Mach-E app is frustrating in different ways, but to their credit they even have a “top up to 100% just this once” button, which seems like what I’d change charge limit for the most. Just a tap before a long trip, and trust that it’ll go back down to my usual 80% later.

· Registered
475 Posts
Seems like a cop-out. There are sensors in the seats and seat belts; the hardware is all present for the car to know if it is occupied or not. If they’re concerned about rolling windows up or down while the vehicle is occupied, they can solve for that with the software. Or just make an accident-proof confirmation dialog. There are very easy software solutions to everything people claim is a safety thing with Volvo. It’s a convenient excuse for lazy programming.
Pets won't necessarily trigger the seat sensors and a confirmation dialogue does not make it accident proof. That aside, when deciding what functionality to include or otherwise, I'd be fairly confident that "we can't be bothered" is not one of the criteria.

· Registered
LRDM / Plus / Pilot
135 Posts

I couldn't say with any certainty, as I do it by default when I approach the car. It worked for me earlier.

I only noticed that the "Digital Key" notification was present on my phone all day, after updating the app. More often than not I get the "Establishing connection" notification. But not today!

· Registered
California
1,942 Posts
Y’all, no one else noticed the Book a Service bits yet??

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

• In the US it seems to only contain Polestar Manhattan so far.
  • “Rattles / squeaks” is not one of the top-line options. For my experience with the car it certainly should be 😂
  • “TCAM” also mysteriously missing.
  • I’d be very surprised if Polestar Manhattan actually has availability tomorrow (Saturday!) and every day into the future.
  • I don’t see where we negotiate over availability of loaners vs Enterprise rental, let alone availability of valet pickup. Essential in the US, since that frequently changes when I can do service by weeks.
  • Seeing my “service plan” expire in less than a year is motivating me to get back in touch with Volvo Palo Alto to get them to fix the things they broke back in July that we’ve still not managed to get fixed...

· Registered
7 Posts
Interesting that most people are finding the latest version of the app either no different or slightly improved.
I've never really had any issues with previous versions but since "upgrading" to 3.19.0 (latest version available in my App store) the digital key completely fails to work. Used to be perfectly reliable for the doors and the boot but now, nothing.
2022 LRDM on 2.4, I've tried both of the home button and demisters resets, deleted and reinstalled the app but no success. Bizarrely I can lock and unlock from the control within the app but touching the door handles gets no response.
Tbh, not sure I could ever really trust it and I always carry the chunky key with me on any journey.
Tried customer support through the app - turns out it's a known issue they're working on - and can't say their reply filled me with confidence
Still think it's a great car, but as has been said many times before, they seem to be releasing updates and testing them in the wild.....

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
Interesting that most people are finding the latest version of the app either no different or slightly improved.
I've never really had any issues with previous versions but since "upgrading" to 3.19.0 (latest version available in my App store) the digital key completely fails to work. Used to be perfectly reliable for the doors and the boot but now, nothing.
2022 LRDM on 2.4, I've tried both of the home button and demisters resets, deleted and reinstalled the app but no success. Bizarrely I can lock and unlock from the control within the app but touching the door handles gets no response.
Tbh, not sure I could ever really trust it and I always carry the chunky key with me on any journey.
Tried customer support through the app - turns out it's a known issue they're working on - and can't say their reply filled me with confidence
Still think it's a great car, but as has been said many times before, they seem to be releasing updates and testing them in the wild.....
Surely the team responsible for the Polestar app see the reviews for the app? Every review this year, and going right the way back is either extremely negative about the app or struggle to find any positives.. so this isn’t a new thing, such a good car with such a terrible app 😞 and I’ve never had the PAK as key working despite advice on here and polestar service..

also how is a 4 year old app, released to the public still Beta?? Is that a joke 😂

Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology Multimedia

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Technology Multimedia

Font Screenshot Technology Darkness Multimedia

21 - 40 of 50 Posts