Polestar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polestar App Update (3.19, iOS/Android)

7K views 50 replies 26 participants last post by  krheinwald 
#1 ·
A new update is available for the app. I can see no changes to the last version.

At least it still works ;)

#9 ·
Updated and tried open it a few times and connects to the car very fast now!
If its the update or something else I dont know but if its this fast now I would be VERY glad!

Usually it takes a few times pushing open door for it to open snd the same for heating, but started on one push and a few seconds now.

Will try more.

#10 ·
Went out to the car and took it for a ride, opens right away, could start it without putting phone in cupholder ( not right away but I managed ) and then left the car and closed it with the app and then started climate.
All with just one push.
Then returned to the car, opened it with app and started it again, said key not detected first but then started again without putting phone in cupholder, that has not worked tve last couple of days.

BUT! I am on vacation and here tidal starts almost right away when I get in the car, that never happends at home!
So the network the car is using is way less busy here, and that could be part of less app problems.
Not just this new app version.

#23 ·
I havent tried this since updating yet. Does it let you open the boot now too?

Always found it odd that it would always let me in the car no problem, but not the boot, and even with putting the phone in wireless tray as per PS support it wouldnt detect the key inside the car and let me drive off.

Might have to wrap a back up key in foil and try it out again now then.

#25 ·
My only two real complaints about the app as it is currently are:

1. I really wish they would integrate the ability to adjust the charge setting. It's something they've said they're working on for quite awhile now.
2. The aesthetics. I get that they're going for a minimalist look, but they've gone to the extreme of making it look like a junior programmers "my first app". I'm not saying it has to look exactly like the Volvo app....but that would be a good jumping off point.

#38 ·
Y’all, no one else noticed the Book a Service bits yet??

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

• In the US it seems to only contain Polestar Manhattan so far.
  • “Rattles / squeaks” is not one of the top-line options. For my experience with the car it certainly should be 😂
  • “TCAM” also mysteriously missing.
  • I’d be very surprised if Polestar Manhattan actually has availability tomorrow (Saturday!) and every day into the future.
  • I don’t see where we negotiate over availability of loaners vs Enterprise rental, let alone availability of valet pickup. Essential in the US, since that frequently changes when I can do service by weeks.
  • Seeing my “service plan” expire in less than a year is motivating me to get back in touch with Volvo Palo Alto to get them to fix the things they broke back in July that we’ve still not managed to get fixed...

#39 · (Edited)
Interesting that most people are finding the latest version of the app either no different or slightly improved.
I've never really had any issues with previous versions but since "upgrading" to 3.19.0 (latest version available in my App store) the digital key completely fails to work. Used to be perfectly reliable for the doors and the boot but now, nothing.
2022 LRDM on 2.4, I've tried both of the home button and demisters resets, deleted and reinstalled the app but no success. Bizarrely I can lock and unlock from the control within the app but touching the door handles gets no response.
Tbh, not sure I could ever really trust it and I always carry the chunky key with me on any journey.
Tried customer support through the app - turns out it's a known issue they're working on - and can't say their reply filled me with confidence
Still think it's a great car, but as has been said many times before, they seem to be releasing updates and testing them in the wild.....

Attachments

#40 ·
Surely the team responsible for the Polestar app see the reviews for the app? Every review this year, and going right the way back is either extremely negative about the app or struggle to find any positives.. so this isn’t a new thing, such a good car with such a terrible app 😞 and I’ve never had the PAK as key working despite advice on here and polestar service..

also how is a 4 year old app, released to the public still Beta?? Is that a joke 😂

Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology Multimedia

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Technology Multimedia

Font Screenshot Technology Darkness Multimedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.