Polestar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone downloaded the app from the Google Play Store yet? It looks to be available and fully functional.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad. I was told it was there by Polestar, and now all I see is the P1 app :sneaky:

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
112 Posts
Why oh why do they still mislead as to the current capabilities of the car via the, as yet unseen, PS2 app. From what I am seeing many of you are having massive range drop off due to a lack of pre-conditioning. You would think that someone in marketing would be hot on public wording unless they are content to turn a blind eye for sales!

·
Registered
270 Posts
There is a Polestar App. It just conveys marketing information and incorrect dates for your car's delivery :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can’t imagine preconditioning is far off, they do it with our Volvo today and the Polestar 1 Connect app is basically the same as the Volvo app, supports precondition schedules.

Of course, the Polestar 1 is closer to Volvo with the infotainment, so perhaps there’s some big redesign required.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'd think that porting the P1 app to the P2 wouldn't be that big of a deal unless the new Google integration is invasive to car operations.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm 95% sure Google has nothing to do with that.

The Google interface is only requesting info and sending commands over the Can bus, like any infotainment system in any car. You could remove it completely and car would run fine. Like a tv, if you lose the remote control.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The Google interface is only requesting info and sending commands over the Can bus, like any infotainment system in any car. You could remove it completely and car would run fine. Like a tv, if you lose the remote control.
Agreed. And the CAN bus is one of the most hackable out there unfortunately and in serious need of re-architecting. Having said that there is even less reason the P2 app is not ready.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Having said that there is even less reason the P2 app is not ready.
100% my thoughts too.

The Polestar 1 app is copy-pasted from the Volvo app I use for my 2015 V60.

The only thing missing, that would explain the delay, is the recharge scheduling.

·
Registered
81 Posts

If Android in standby mode is responsible for managing the car’s internet connection, receiving push commands, and storing or polling for the current state of things (Is the climate control fan currently on or off? What’s the current time? etc.), then Google would certainly have quite a bit to do with this. It’s possible the entire app is being rearchitected to send instructions via the Android stack. Android as an intermediary (if that is what is going on here) can impact a lot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If Android in standby mode is responsible for managing the car’s internet connection, receiving push commands, and storing or polling for the current state of things (Is the climate control fan currently on or off? What’s the current time? etc.), then Google would certainly have quite a bit to do with this. It’s possible the entire app is being rearchitected to send instructions via the Android stack. Android as an intermediary (if that is what is going on here) can impact a lot.
This is what I was thinking. If the current Volvo and P1 apps are relying on Sensus communicating to a server, and the available controls in the app are all available and managed via infotainment OS, then it’s probably a complete reimplementation, at least on the car side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts