Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As each Polestar has been estimated to deliver much different pure electric range, wanted to posts the specifics of each battery pack setup. Volvo claims the Polestar 1 will have the largest electric range for any hybrid currently on the market.

Polestar 1- 34kWh arranged in three battery stacks, two different packs
Polestar 2- 100-kWh pack in top spec, with two options expected

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was looking at some more utilitarian battery electric vehicles and it turns out Rivian will be offering the biggest.
135kw is expected from their upcoming SUV and truck, so i guess these numbers from Polestar aren't bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Volvo has already released some great hybrid/plug-in models so they been developing the technology for a while now. The density of battery packs will continue to increase over the years, so the overall wattage will become less of a factor.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was looking at some more utilitarian battery electric vehicles and it turns out Rivian will be offering the biggest.
135kw is expected from their upcoming SUV and truck, so i guess these numbers from Polestar aren't bad.
Rivian is expected to have a massive 180 kWh battery as an option for their vehicles and that's nuts. They claim it can have a range of around 410 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts