Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this press release drop into my inbox this morning...

Polestar and EasyPark, the parking technology company, have collaborated on an integrated parking app for Polestar 2 which presents an easy and hassle-free parking experience with automated payments.

By integrating EasyPark’s app into Polestar 2’s infotainment system powered by Android™, the companies open up a new range of possibilities for the driver.

“With EasyPark, we developed a meaningful automotive app that adds real value. It will make your life more enjoyable and a bit more hassle free,” says Thomas Ingenlath, CEO of Polestar.

The built-in app makes it possible to pay for parking without a parking meter or smartphone in EasyPark-compatible parking areas. This enables innovative features like ‘autostop’, that automatically ends the parking session when the car leaves the parking spot, ensuring the user only pays for the time parked.

“The cooperation is very exciting and together with Polestar we want to make the future of parking available today. We trust our users will value the additional user interface seamlessly integrated with our app,” says Johan Birgersson, CEO of EasyPark Group.

EasyPark is the most-popular parking app in Europe with over 10 million users, and can be utilised to pay for street, open lot and garage parking in over 2,000 cities in 20 countries in Europe. The in-car EasyPark app is now available for download exclusively in Polestar 2 vehicles where EasyPark is available.

Ends.

Note to editors

Google was not involved in the development of the EasyPark app. Polestar is responsible for the app and its compliance with all applicable laws and policies.
Sounds good... but a pity they don't operate in the UK, it seems! They were supposed to come to the UK in 2018 but it seems to have never happened.

I like the idea though - just go and park in a car park and tap the app on the infotainment system and it starts your parking timer for you, and automatically "checks out" of the car park when you leave.

Must admit though when I saw the headline, I thought it was some kind of automated self-parking!

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, you can sign up for press releases from this page:

Certainly I've had a few emails that way, and only the recent one about the Golden Steering Wheel award through the general newsletter, which is otherwise somewhat quiet!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Had this press release drop into my inbox this morning...

Sounds good... but a pity they don't operate in the UK, it seems! They were supposed to come to the UK in 2018 but it seems to have never happened.

I like the idea though - just go and park in a car park and tap the app on the infotainment system and it starts your parking timer for you, and automatically "checks out" of the car park when you leave.

Must admit though when I saw the headline, I thought it was some kind of automated self-parking!
Probably found it impossible to integrate with the myriad of parking systems we have in the UK. What a nightmare the are. The shenanigans who have to go through with these apps, when you rarely use them, find you are already registered with a car you owned years ago, don't know the password. Took me 10 minutes to sort out one app, only to end up paying 20p.

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very encouraging to see the first Android Automotive apps appearing! And very encouraging that it actually works, too. Far too many EV charging apps are terrible, for instance.

Reactions: PCR
1 - 7 of 7 Posts