Polestar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Snow.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think that the car market is ripe for disruption? Getting rid of car dealers to "sell" cars for me is a no brainer. But the process of "buying" a car without being stiffed is still a minefield (at least here in the UK). For what it is worth here is the process from the broker (leasingmadesimple):

• We submit your order to ALD Automotive with a provisional Order Number
  • ALD Automotive place your order with Polestar
  • Polestar allocate a Formal Order Reference to ALD Automotive to confirm they have accepted the order
  • ALD Automotive provide us with a weekly update, when we see the Order Reference, we know the order has been accepted
  • Polestar will contact you directly to create an Account. This account will allow you to track the progress of your order
  • Polestar will not provide us with any updates on the progress of the order - this will be done directly with you via your Polestar account
  • When the car is available, Polestar will contact you directly to offer you a choice of 2 delivery dates
  • Polestar will provide us with the Registration number of the vehicle and the agreed Delivery Date
  • We will then create your finance agreements with ALD Automotive and issue them for signature
  • Your finance agreements must have been signed and authorised for delivery a minimum of 48 hours before the agreed delivery date* Otherwise the date will have to be re-scheduled.
  • ALD Automotive will authorise the delivery with Polestar
  • Your new Polestar will be delivered to you
My gut feeling is they don't do anything until the 14 day cooling off process has finished.

Applied for lease - 14th December
Credit approval - 4th Jan
Order docs signed - 4th Jan
Update - er.....

Hope someone else finds this useful.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I also ordered from CLMS and service was great as were their costs. I also had the 'process' copied to me by the broker as the 'Polestar' way is different.

For the record:

Ordered / applied for lease - 8th Dec
Credit approved by ALD - 8th Dec
Chased update from CLMS - 4th Jan
CLMS response back stating 'awaiting update' - 5th Jan
Chased update from PSCS - 5th Jan
PSCS replied 'looking into it' - 6th Jan
PSCS replied 'ALD need to 'review and approve' - not ordered - 6th Jan
Forwarded response PS response to CLMS so they could chase ALD - 6th Jan
Contacted PSCS for update - 11th Jan
PSCS confirmed car was ordered on 8th Jan but no other info available until 5 days have passed - 11th Jan
Contacted PSCS for update - 20th Jan
PSCS confirmed car arrives UK late March and delivery April - 20th Jan

I aminformed by PSCS that there will be no further contact until the car arrives in the UK.

So - CLMS very helpful and responsive, ALD / Polestar process needs some work - keep chasing!

Reactions: TinRobot

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Snow.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update - I have an order number send from LMS. Next step - that order gets linked to a car !

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Snow.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update - I now have a Polestar order number. Estimated delivery? June.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts