Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Saw Thomas Ingenlath's post about this on the Polestar Facebook group.

I'll take any browser, though I'm surprised it wasn't a form of Chrome that ties into the user's Google profile.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
712 Posts
Nice, just pushed it to the car, but won't test it out today.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw Thomas Ingenlath's post about this on the Polestar Facebook group.

I'll take any browser, though I'm surprised it wasn't a form of Chrome that ties into the user's Google profile.
It's not too bad - once you've signed into google once, all google services work. A bit of a faff for me as I have a long complex password on my google account, and there was no device sign-in option. Had to type 24 random alphanumerics and symbols!

·
Registered
Snow non-PP w/tow hook
207 Posts
Nice, a slightly less trash browser than Chrome. Going on a drive soon, and will need to do some charge stops, so will try using plex through it 👍🏻

·
Registered
575 Posts
Downloaded and working for me.
I prefer this to PAK as it will be much more use when parked/charging so very happy.
A nice Christmas present from Polestar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Downloaded, went to drive the girlfriend in to work as an excuse to test it out but it wouldn't load due current OS version (still stuck on P1.7 - got the email, but no notification for the update). Barring some kind of magic appearance of the update, looks like I'll need to wait for a trip into service, and it won't happen before January. A late Christmas I suppose!

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is great. Not tried it yet but just remotely set it to install from my laptop. Will be so good to have whilst charging. Recently I've been practicing German via the DW site in the Video player which has been bizarrely fun though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Downloaded, went to drive the girlfriend in to work as an excuse to test it out but it wouldn't load due current OS version (still stuck on P1.7 - got the email, but no notification for the update). Barring some kind of magic appearance of the update, looks like I'll need to wait for a trip into service, and it won't happen before January. A late Christmas I suppose!
In the same boat, also still have not received the P1.8 update and this browser won't work on P1.7...

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
271 Posts
If the OTA roll-out is in process in you country, did you try to reboot the infotainment. This worked for me and I received the update notification.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If the OTA roll-out is in process in you country, did you try to reboot the infotainment. This worked for me and I received the update notification.
Since receiving the mail, we are almost a week, about 5 infotainment resets and about 800km on. I'm expecting to be needing a visit to the shop. I'll give it to the end of this week and then contact P2. Workshops are fully booked at the moment anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, the answer is yes: a few reboots in-between multiple driving sessions (one of which was over an hour of continuous driving just to try and get the update rolled in). At this point I've resigned myself that the update simply has not "took" and will need to bring it in to service to have the update deployed physically. I'm having intermittent issues with AC charging (appears to be that when I try and set the current limit to >2/3 the hard limit of the charger (40A), I sometimes only get 2/3 of the set current limit up to a max of 26-27A) and need to have something paint related looked at anyway, so I'll have them do it in one visit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very nice to be able to watch Youtube TV in the car.

Other services:

Youtube - success
Hulu - won't work in browser, requests app
Disney Plus - won't work in browser, requests app
Netflix - won't work in browser, requests app

Overall, this is progress--I'll take it.

This is part of the reason I didn't buy an EV from a legacy brand--real, modern, value-add updates. I love knowing that CarPlay is (likely, hopefully) still coming, a performance upgrade is on the horizon, and more apps will inevitably appear.

My better-half's ID.4 is STILL waiting on the first firmware update with no ETA. Great SUV, mediocre support.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I feel like owners of a PP version should pay for this, they already have nice yellow seatbelts.
Only if it makes my video load faster! :LOL:

1 - 20 of 269 Posts