Polestar Forum banner
221 - 240 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd enabled it...but there was an error. Now it syncs. View attachment 10332
OK. So it is working now? That is good to hear.

Depending on what you choose to sync, there is a lot of value in there:

• Bookmarks. BTW, the bookmarks and the Speed Dials are basically different views into the same data.
  • Notes. You can write notes on your PC and Polestar and have them synced.
  • Tabs. If you have open tabs on your PC, you can access them from the tabs manager.
  • Passwords. You can sync all your passwords between your computer and your Polestar.
  • Typed history.
  • Etc.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
Snow Performance Napa Hitch
186 Posts
OK. So it is working now? That is good to hear.

Depending on what you choose to sync, there is a lot of value in there:

• Bookmarks. BTW, the bookmarks and the Speed Dials are basically different views into the same data.
  • Notes. You can write notes on your PC and Polestar and have them synced.
  • Tabs. If you have open tabs on your PC, you can access them from the tabs manager.
  • Passwords. You can sync all your passwords between your computer and your Polestar.
  • Typed history.
  • Etc.

Enjoy!
Yup! Works great now. I'm moving some of my bookmarks into the Speed Dial category on my desktop and will run out shortly to the car to see how it looks. Thanks for the responses.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
...and, I broke it. It was working for five glorious minutes earlier today and now no syncing.
Communication Device Gadget Telephony Portable communications device Mobile device

I can get it to say "sync is active" but then nothing happens. When I exit this screen, it's back to being inactive and nothing has actually sync'd.

I've logged in/out of both desktop and Polestar browsers, deleted and re-installed the car version, turned off site blocking, enabled cookies, set encryption password, done a TCAM reset and a bunch of other things.

It's not a connectivity issue (although, with Polestar, that's always the first thing to check) because I can surf using the browser. Just no syncing.

I think I'm going to walk away for the rest of the day. It's not a huge deal, but I'm stubborn and want to figure it out. Sigh.

·
Registered
16 Posts
...and, I broke it. It was working for five glorious minutes earlier today and now no syncing. View attachment 10347
I can get it to say "sync is active" but then nothing happens. When I exit this screen, it's back to being inactive and nothing has actually sync'd.

I've logged in/out of both desktop and Polestar browsers, deleted and re-installed the car version, turned off site blocking, enabled cookies, set encryption password, done a TCAM reset and a bunch of other things.

It's not a connectivity issue (although, with Polestar, that's always the first thing to check) because I can surf using the browser. Just no syncing.

I think I'm going to walk away for the rest of the day. It's not a huge deal, but I'm stubborn and want to figure it out. Sigh.
Try this. When you are at this screen, go to the main screen and then into Vivaldi. Do not go back in settings.
Sync can then take a bit of time. Sometimes minutes, if a lot of data is being synced. At least the first time.

Feel free to check status on vivaldi:sync-internals

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
706 Posts
This will all be very exciting to me... in a week when my car is finally updated.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Sync can then take a bit of time.
Does it try to sync while the car is driving, even if the browser isn't open? I just drove for about an hour and it still hadn't sync'd...but I didn't have the browser up and open.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does it try to sync while the car is driving, even if the browser isn't open? I just drove for about an hour and it still hadn't sync'd...but I didn't have the browser up and open.
It would have to be running.

Again, try this:

1. Go to the settings and set up sync and enable it.
2. When done, go to the main menu in the car.
3. Click on the Vivaldi icon, go into settings and make sure it says it is syncing.
4. If needed, follow the progress in vivaldi:sync-internals.

This worked for me.

This can take a while. Sometimes minutes. As long as it says it is syncing, it should be fine.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Followed your steps, but no luck.
Communication Device Font Gadget Technology Screenshot

Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device Mobile device Font

Gadget Communication Device Font Portable communications device Audio equipment

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Hmmm. Lets see if I can get some suggestions.
For one second, when I went back into the settings in your step #3 it seemed like there were a bunch of my saved bookmarks on-screen, but then the program "crashed" and kicked me back to the car's main menu screen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For one second, when I went back into the settings in your step #3 it seemed like there were a bunch of my saved bookmarks on-screen, but then the program "crashed" and kicked me back to the car's main menu screen.
Another option is just to wait after step 1. For a few minutes. That might work. Or wait for a program update that fixes the settings problem. Should not take too long.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Ok...still sitting in the car and I tried toggling the sync slider on and off a few times before exiting to the car's home screen. When I went back into settings, it now shows that sync is active!

Mobile device Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile phone Audio equipment

I'm scared to do anything else tight now. I'll just wait.

(I'm sure this is thrilling for anyone else reading this thread.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok...still sitting in the car and I tried toggling the sync slider on and off a few times before exiting to the car's home screen. When I went back into settings, it now shows that sync is active!

View attachment 10359

I'm scared to do anything else tight now. I'll just wait.

(I'm sure this is thrilling for anyone else reading this thread.)
Keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Keeps crashing:

Not good. To fix that for now, I guess you have to uninstall and reinstall. This is unfortunate. Lets see if the guys have some ideas, but that might not be until tomorrow. It is late in Norway now.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
No worries. Like I said, it's no big deal...I just have some OCD and want to figure out a solution. Appreciate your help.

Not sure if this adds clarity, but here's the internal info from my desktop:

Output device Personal computer Rectangle Font Computer

·
Registered
16 Posts
No worries. Like I said, it's no big deal...I just have some OCD and want to figure out a solution. Appreciate your help.

Not sure if this adds clarity, but here's the internal info from my desktop:

View attachment 10360
Nothing that jumps out at me. Not that much data that you are syncing. Should be fast. I guess the hope is that the guys have some ideas.

221 - 240 of 269 Posts