Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I bought my Polestar 2 (midnight & PP) late August with an estimated delivery date of November but since roughly 2 weeks I cannot login anymore on the polestar.com website to check the status. Is it only me or do you also have the issue?
For a "online" only brand, this is really not a first good impression :(

Also, I made the full payment a week ago and they say it is still not paid. Any idea how long they take to confirm payment?

Thanks to all :)

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
897 Posts
Hello all,
I bought my Polestar 2 (midnight & PP) late August with an estimated delivery date of November but since roughly 2 weeks I cannot login anymore on the polestar.com website to check the status. Is it only me or do you also have the issue?

Also, I made the full payment a week ago and they say it is still not paid. Any idea how long they take to confirm payment?

Not sure why it would work this way, but some of us theorize that the polestar.com My Account outages are related to them trying to set up the sales/delivery systems for North America.

To be fair that might be as much hope as rational inference as it might mean we will see movement towards deliveries finally!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem here in the UK. Logging in to my account is successful perhaps 1 time in 10.
For a company which is aspiring to be a premium online player this is absurd.
I don't know if their IT management is outsourced, but they need to find a better partner if it is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure why it would work this way, but some of us theorize that the polestar.com My Account outages are related to them trying to set up the sales/delivery systems for North America.

To be fair that might be as much hope as rational inference as it might mean we will see movement towards deliveries finally!
Not sure this is reassuring ;) I guess they had time to do the system setup while engineering and testing the car, really not a good sign for such a premium brand!!!

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
897 Posts
I have the same problem here in the UK. Logging in to my account is successful perhaps 1 time in 10.
I don't know if their IT management is outsourced, but they need to find a better partner if it is.
At this point I'll take hashing things out with a call center employee reading a script, and then dealing by phone/email/SMS/carrier pigeon with the lawyer when it comes time for contract review/signing. Really don't know why they can't get a website properly setup in 2020, but that's where we are it seems, regardless of which nation we happen to be sitting in!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all,

And I thought it was just me. I have been trying for weeks to complete my purchase but I am continually thwarted by the flakey website and its log-in problems. I have now been effectively locked out for two weeks unable to buy a car! It's ridiculous. Every time I report the issue I am asked to send screen grabs of the pages I end up at so that the problem can be understood and remedied. So far, nothing
AND A WORD OF WARNING!! If you are fortunate enough to be directed to the leasing website to complete your order ensure that you have all the information regarding your opening dates for bank accounts over the last several years to hand. If you don't, and make an error in furnishing your information, your order will be cancelled and you will have to begin the whole ordering process again. Madness.
:(

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not had any real problems logging in until yesterday. Today is the same. I have contacted CS and they have replied and said that it is a known issue and that IT are working at a solution. I can imagine how some of the folk above are feeling. So frustrating.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure how complicated their system can be but they started from scratch and had the opportunity to make it super cool and nice! Now, we have this piece of c... I really don't get it, making a website in 2020 is not rocket science.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Indeed it is taking too long!
Problems can always happen, even to the best but here it is taking way too long to fix. And that would be ok-ish if they would communicate around it, giving some reasons or at least some ETA for fixing the problem. They are transparent on CO2 emission and other things, why not when their online presence is bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Indeed it is taking too long!
Problems can always happen, even to the best but here it is taking way too long to fix. And that would be ok-ish if they would communicate around it, giving some reasons or at least some ETA for fixing the problem. They are transparent on CO2 emission and other things, why not when their online presence is bad.
Good point. They seem to stagger from one problem to another and need to communicate more honestly with would-be buyers.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Just for another data point, I haven't had much difficulty logging on until yesterday. Yesterday I tried several times over a few hours but was never successful.

·
Registered
94 Posts
From my Civil Service days if they've outsourced to Fujitsu then heaven help us!

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Logged in this morning. No change in status. November 2nd.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not had any real problems logging in until yesterday. Today is the same. I have contacted CS and they have replied and said that it is a known issue and that IT are working at a solution. I can imagine how some of the folk above are feeling. So frustrating.....
Ditto for me. Logging in fine until yesterday.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can log in again, but my (previously disappeared) order has yet to reappear, so it’s been at least 2 weeks of not even being able to see my order (Support assures me it’s still there). It’s hard to imagine they are anywhere close to being able to facilitate deliveries at this point, and their web team seems to either be building things as they go on the production server and letting us be the victims as they debug, or they’re just not very good at QA. Either way it’s pretty insane.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just logged in mine still says September. Go ahead, do the math.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts