Polestar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
614 Posts
I can only think it’s the supercharger network (and how often do we charge away?). Its not the car.
They could hardly sell more considering they had deliveries planned for December pushed into January, my guess is sales were not constrained by demand, at least until now.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They could hardly sell more considering they had deliveries planned for December pushed into January, my guess is sales were not constrained by demand, at least until now.
The UK MD said in the interview last week that sales were exceeding supply which i assume applies to global sales so guess they happy as a management team. One of the UK leasing companies also said they were looking for about 3000 RHD orders for First Edition approx 1/3 of tesla annual M3 sales in the UK so taking Sept 2020 to end Aug 2021 3000 sounds feasible so me saying 242 was disappointing was incorrect. Assuming the teething troubles of launch model are resolved can imagine the cheaper 2WD version being a very popular choice.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
Saw this today:

View attachment 3503

PS2 was the 5th best selling car in Norway in January 2021. Interestingly, nobody seems to be buying Teslas there (except Bjorn Nyland).
Tesla will surely catch up/surpass the bunch in their end of quarter push. But yeah. Top nonSUV in Norway this month is pretty cool.

Seems Polestar is doing well in North Europe/Scandinavia but not necessarily as well in UK or Germany where things are warmer. That’s curious to me since if anything Polestar’s relative issues in range/charging are exacerbated in the cold. Is my impression of the sales #s off or is this Scandi pride?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Tesla don't release sales figures. So people have to find the data another way and then report it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Tesla don't release sales figures. So people have to find the data another way and then report it.
It seems like this is new vehicle registrations, a good surrogate for sales.

From what I read T tends to make deliveries at the end of quarters.

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
142 Posts
Dutch P2 sales (car registrations) in january: 109
(Source: Sander P)

·
Registered
670 Posts
January in Sweden: 150

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Here is the start of the 2021 figures, with the full 2020 total for comparison.
Jan 2021
UK​
850​
326​
Belgium​
473​
121​
Norway​
2820​
422​
Sweden​
1622​
150​
The Netherlands​
2933​
109​
Germany​
1015​
453​
Switzerland​
442​
Total​
9713​
2023​

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Seems somewhere numbers going astray as this article gives Polestar European sales in January as 1290.
@Musketeer
The article states that the sales in the EU was 1290, while our little table states 2023 sales in various countries that we have seen from national reporting.
However if you remove UK and Switzerland (non-EU) then its 1255 sales in those EU states we know about, leaving 35 sold in other EU states that we have not accounted for.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I believe our numbers are "registered car in a given month" so not really Sales done in the same month. The sales done in January will appear in our numbers over the next months following the respective car registrations.

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
142 Posts
In The Netherlands: in february 2021 96 Polestar registrations

61 - 80 of 126 Posts