Polestar Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon Pilot/Plus/Napa
72 Posts
I got mine at Courtesy Volvo - which owns Scottsdale Space - before the space was open. Absolutely wonderful experience and great experiences since.

I am sorry you had a really bad experience. Hope things get sorted out. Reach out to the owners of Courtesy Volvo and share your experience. Get the brass involved so to speak. Jason Church is the COO (met him at opening for space). His direct information is on Courtesy Volvo site.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Midnight/Charcoal
31 Posts
Worst new-car experience I have ever had:

+ Initial interaction was positive; placed an order on-line for a MY233 and scheduled a test drive. Before my test drive a rep from the Space sent an email thanking me for my order and saying they noticed I also scheduled a test drive. Gave me details on were to park at the Space and the quickest path to them. Gave a good impression; seemed they were on-top of things.

- Ended up selecting a pre-configured MY22 on the website instead of waiting fro my MY23 order. Next day Space rep called me and said, sorry but there was a glitch and someone else bought that pre-configured right before you did. "it shouldn't have let you buy that pre-configured car", talking with them they did have a demo car available or another new car that wasn't listed on the pre-configured page yet. Decided to go with the other pre-configured, new car.

- Get to the space the next day to take delivery (they didn't have anyone to deliver it to us); I was buying using my own financing and a little bit cash down. Website said credit card was an acceptable form of payment, Space said it was not. Had to leave the space and spend an hour rushing to my CU to get a cashiers check. Back at the space they couldn't figure out how to set the paperwork up with my financing and trade-in (my CU, the largest CU in the nation, requires they treat the trade-in as paid off as my CU roles the remaining balance into the new loan on their end since the old and new loan are with them). Took the space over 3.5 hours to get the paper work figured out.

- Took delivery on a Friday, did some traveling on Sat/Sun and spend over $60 bucks on EA charging (couldn't get the free EA charging promo to validate). Monday I contacted Polestar Support, there was two issues with my order. 1) the VIN was never updated to the car I actually took home and 2) the order was never updated from "planned" to delivered. They fixed it and the EA promo started working on Tuesday. Frustrating

- Monday is when I first tried to charge my car at home; kept erroring out. Tried all the recommended troubleshooting on the forums and nothing helped. DC Fast charging worked fine though. I also noticed the driver side, rear window trim (external) was damaged (seemed warped/melted a bit) and the drivers window tint had some flaws in it. I reached out to Polestar Support and they said to contact my local Polestar Service Center. Contacted the Polestar Service Center (which is the service department at the affiliated Volvo dealer). Can't get in touch with the dedicated Polestar Service advisor (he is very busy), other folks there don't really know anything about Polestar, they say they can set me up with a service appointment and they can take a look at it but I have to bring the car to them and no loaner/rental (I can wait or take the shuttle). Talk to Polestar Support and they again refer me to the Service Center, keep calling the service center and finally get ahold of the Polestar Advisor who says Polestar Support should have coordinated a tow (due to there not being enough charge to reach the Service Center due to it not charging) and I tell him they referred me to him. He and Polestar Support finally get it together and schedule a tow truck for the next day and it gets picked up and taken to the Service Center. The next morning I get a call from a tech asking me to describe what was wrong with the car charging (it was working fine for them). Explained everything I experienced and they said they would keep looking. I hear nothing back the rest of that day; the day after, after waiting until late afternoon I call back to see if there is an update. They diagnosed it as a faulty onboard chargers and replacement parts were ordered but would take 7-10 days. They did have a loaner that was available but they couldn't bring it to me, I would have to come get it. I was able to take off work and have my brother drive me the 45-60 mins to the dealership. I get the loaner and also ask about the window tint and window trim, they had forgotten about both of this issues but promised to check into them.

- Monday evening is also when I get a call from the Sales Rep at the Polestar Space, he tells me when they spent 3.5 hours figuring out the paperwork they were short around $800 and says they would like to send someone to me to pickup a check. I ask for them to send over the math; they do and it checks out, I see what they did wrong...I also see if they had just handled it like I told them to (and the instructions from my CU told them to) then this wouldn't have happened. They send someone by and there goes another $800.

- Five days later, I sent an email (because I couldn't get ahold of them via phone, kept going to VM) to the service advisor asking if there was a status update and about some quotes for other things (roof sunshade, folding tow-bar). After a few more days and not hearing back (day 7 since them having the car) I try calling to get an update. After multiple calls and getting disconnected and/or sent to voicemail I get ahold of someone (not the Polestar Advisor) they take my name and number and say he will call me back when he is done with a customer. Never get a call back. A few days later (day 10 since them having the car) I get a response to my email. The car is done and will be fully charged by noon. It also included quotes for the roof sunshade and towbar (though it says it wouldn't be a folding towbar which doesn't make sense to me). Whatever, I take an extended lunch and head over to pick up my car. I get there and the service advisor instantly says "we had an incident" and proceeds to tell me the delivery truck swiped my car while they had it out charging, he knew since the morning but didn't want to tell me over the phone or email. He shows me the damage and says they are going to take care of it; they will get it to their body shop on Monday (today is a Friday) and then get back to me with an ETA. Tells me to keep the loaner; I asked about it now being an almost brand new car with body work and he said all they can do is apologize.

BTW, the quote to have the towbar installed was an insane $2800, not including tax.

This is an absolute trainwreck of an experience and I wished I had stayed far far away from Polestar. :mad::mad::mad:
Would it happen to be Scottsdale Polestar? Sounds familiar to me. Could never get a return call from service advisor. Finally got rid of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased from the Scottsdale Space as well and would not recommend them to anyone. Very poor car buying experience. Nothing I would expect from an upper tier brand. I won't go into specifics (unless you want another list like the OP), but I am working with Polestar directly to get some things addressed. First thing Polestar wants to do is contact the Space for clarification. Hopefully they have better luck getting a call back or email returned than I did. Satisfied with the car, but the Brand has a way to go to match the marketing. I've given feedback so they have something to make improvements with rather than just complaining. Hopefully they turn that ship around.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your experience. Yes definitely bad luck combined with bad service, that sucks.

Our Polestar rep at Volvo told me that they will soon start opening dedicated service centers that are detached from the Volvo dealers. Hopefully that will make service better for some. I can't say that I had a bad experience yet but it is hard to get a hold of someone initially as there is only one service rep and I think one mechanic at our local service center.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Midnight/Charcoal
31 Posts
I've had 4 or 5 Nissan LEAFs. After the initial (2011) problems with range, the rest were great. I only remember going to Nissan dealer for a problem ONE TIME with all of the LEAFS!!! And they took care of it in one day.
Waiting for the Nissan Ariya which will blow Polestar out of the water! I ordered the Ariya first day, so I expect to be one of the first deliveries! YAY! Have also had three Teslas (a Model S and 2 Model 3s) much better experience with Tesla also and I AM NOT a Tesla FANBOI! From now on I will stick with Nissan. I don't need a fancy, overpriced piece of junk to impress anyone.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've had 4 or 5 Nissan LEAFs. After the initial (2011) problems with range, the rest were great. I only remember going to Nissan dealer for a problem ONE TIME with all of the LEAFS!!! And they took care of it in one day.
Waiting for the Nissan Ariya which will blow Polestar out of the water! I ordered the Ariya first day, so I expect to be one of the first deliveries! YAY! Have also had three Teslas (a Model S and 2 Model 3s) much better experience with Tesla also and I AM NOT a Tesla FANBOI! From now on I will stick with Nissan. I don't need a fancy, overpriced piece of junk to impress anyone.
I don't think many people will be cross shopping a P2 and Nissan Ariya. I believe the P4 is a more likely competitor for the Ariya.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Would they still be affiliated with Volvo?
He said they would be independent service points just for Polestar. Since they share so many parts I would expect there to remain some level of affiliation but I didn't ask that much detail.
Here in CO there is only one Volvo dealer qualified to work on Polestars so the total number of service centers wouldn't change but it would no longer be shared with Volvo.
It would sure be nice to have more than 1 service point in the area at some point in time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
He said they would be independent service points just for Polestar. Since they share so many parts I would expect there to remain some level of affiliation but I didn't ask that much detail.
Here in CO there is only one Volvo dealer qualified to work on Polestars so the total number of service centers wouldn't change but it would no longer be shared with Volvo.
It would sure be nice to have more than 1 service point in the area at some point in time.
That would be great in this region. Most of the issues I've had with Polestar stemmed from very poor cs from a Volvo dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After waiting for my 2021 P2 to get repaired from an accident for 4+ months now in Charlotte, NC, I can safely say that it was one of my worst car purchase decisions. My most recent cars were Audi, BMW and a Volvo. Had wonderful experiences at both Audi and BMW (6+ yrs) and not bad experience at Volvo, this now feels like a nightmare. Heck, I've had much better experience @ my Mazda dealership.

·
Registered
P3; Loaded
10 Posts
Worst new-car experience I have ever had:

+ Initial interaction was positive; placed an order on-line for a MY233 and scheduled a test drive. Before my test drive a rep from the Space sent an email thanking me for my order and saying they noticed I also scheduled a test drive. Gave me details on were to park at the Space and the quickest path to them. Gave a good impression; seemed they were on-top of things.

- Ended up selecting a pre-configured MY22 on the website instead of waiting fro my MY23 order. Next day Space rep called me and said, sorry but there was a glitch and someone else bought that pre-configured right before you did. "it shouldn't have let you buy that pre-configured car", talking with them they did have a demo car available or another new car that wasn't listed on the pre-configured page yet. Decided to go with the other pre-configured, new car.

- Get to the space the next day to take delivery (they didn't have anyone to deliver it to us); I was buying using my own financing and a little bit cash down. Website said credit card was an acceptable form of payment, Space said it was not. Had to leave the space and spend an hour rushing to my CU to get a cashiers check. Back at the space they couldn't figure out how to set the paperwork up with my financing and trade-in (my CU, the largest CU in the nation, requires they treat the trade-in as paid off as my CU roles the remaining balance into the new loan on their end since the old and new loan are with them). Took the space over 3.5 hours to get the paper work figured out.

- Took delivery on a Friday, did some traveling on Sat/Sun and spend over $60 bucks on EA charging (couldn't get the free EA charging promo to validate). Monday I contacted Polestar Support, there was two issues with my order. 1) the VIN was never updated to the car I actually took home and 2) the order was never updated from "planned" to delivered. They fixed it and the EA promo started working on Tuesday. Frustrating

- Monday is when I first tried to charge my car at home; kept erroring out. Tried all the recommended troubleshooting on the forums and nothing helped. DC Fast charging worked fine though. I also noticed the driver side, rear window trim (external) was damaged (seemed warped/melted a bit) and the drivers window tint had some flaws in it. I reached out to Polestar Support and they said to contact my local Polestar Service Center. Contacted the Polestar Service Center (which is the service department at the affiliated Volvo dealer). Can't get in touch with the dedicated Polestar Service advisor (he is very busy), other folks there don't really know anything about Polestar, they say they can set me up with a service appointment and they can take a look at it but I have to bring the car to them and no loaner/rental (I can wait or take the shuttle). Talk to Polestar Support and they again refer me to the Service Center, keep calling the service center and finally get ahold of the Polestar Advisor who says Polestar Support should have coordinated a tow (due to there not being enough charge to reach the Service Center due to it not charging) and I tell him they referred me to him. He and Polestar Support finally get it together and schedule a tow truck for the next day and it gets picked up and taken to the Service Center. The next morning I get a call from a tech asking me to describe what was wrong with the car charging (it was working fine for them). Explained everything I experienced and they said they would keep looking. I hear nothing back the rest of that day; the day after, after waiting until late afternoon I call back to see if there is an update. They diagnosed it as a faulty onboard chargers and replacement parts were ordered but would take 7-10 days. They did have a loaner that was available but they couldn't bring it to me, I would have to come get it. I was able to take off work and have my brother drive me the 45-60 mins to the dealership. I get the loaner and also ask about the window tint and window trim, they had forgotten about both of this issues but promised to check into them.

- Monday evening is also when I get a call from the Sales Rep at the Polestar Space, he tells me when they spent 3.5 hours figuring out the paperwork they were short around $800 and says they would like to send someone to me to pickup a check. I ask for them to send over the math; they do and it checks out, I see what they did wrong...I also see if they had just handled it like I told them to (and the instructions from my CU told them to) then this wouldn't have happened. They send someone by and there goes another $800.

- Five days later, I sent an email (because I couldn't get ahold of them via phone, kept going to VM) to the service advisor asking if there was a status update and about some quotes for other things (roof sunshade, folding tow-bar). After a few more days and not hearing back (day 7 since them having the car) I try calling to get an update. After multiple calls and getting disconnected and/or sent to voicemail I get ahold of someone (not the Polestar Advisor) they take my name and number and say he will call me back when he is done with a customer. Never get a call back. A few days later (day 10 since them having the car) I get a response to my email. The car is done and will be fully charged by noon. It also included quotes for the roof sunshade and towbar (though it says it wouldn't be a folding towbar which doesn't make sense to me). Whatever, I take an extended lunch and head over to pick up my car. I get there and the service advisor instantly says "we had an incident" and proceeds to tell me the delivery truck swiped my car while they had it out charging, he knew since the morning but didn't want to tell me over the phone or email. He shows me the damage and says they are going to take care of it; they will get it to their body shop on Monday (today is a Friday) and then get back to me with an ETA. Tells me to keep the loaner; I asked about it now being an almost brand new car with body work and he said all they can do is apologize.

BTW, the quote to have the towbar installed was an insane $2800, not including tax.

This is an absolute trainwreck of an experience and I wished I had stayed far far away from Polestar. :mad::mad::mad:
Damn,,, I’m sooo in flux now over getting the P3 after 2.5 years of intense scrutiny… but i had couple service issues with my 2019 Volvo XC90 on how bad follow through was and not initially owning up to warranty issues as well as service time so hearing all this and given I‘m under 3 weeks from ordering P3 I don’t know what to do and dread starting search again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So update on this; vehicle is still at service center. Hopefully will be getting back next week. I have been getting regular updates directly from the Service Manger and he has been on-top of things. It was definitely a rough start but I truly feel the are doing the best they can but staffing and growth issues being what they are the service center is under-resourced.

With that said, I don't think this is unique to Polestar right now and it is happening across all brands at the moment. Hoping the situation improves in the coming months/years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Final Update:

Just got the car back today. Repair looks really good. They also gave me a good deal on the hitch install so I had them do that as well. This time they actually drove it back to me instead of me having to go pick it up. They had someone from the dealership drive my car out to me and then the person from the dealership was taking the loaner and driving it to another customer near me who had there P2 towed to service earlier today. The person from the dealership was then taking an Uber back to the dealership.

All in it was a rough start but it does seem they are making an effort to try todo better.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts