Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July? August? vin 26xxx
395 Posts
Dave sounds like you have been feeling picked on, and victimised with out the support of the moderator or you peers.

Let me stand up a say people back off @dave

I wrote a poem about it to make you feel better

People were picking on Dave
And no one could get them to cave
This made Dave cry
With tears from his eye
He washed his car with all he could save

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Thunder Performance Pack
42 Posts
Dave sounds like you have been feeling picked on, and victimised with out the support of the moderator or you peers.

Let me stand up a say people back off @dave

I wrote a poem about it to make you feel better

People were picking on Dave
And no one could get them to cave
This made Dave cry
With tears from his eye
He washed his car with all he could save
I’m not sure washing the car with tears is a recommended idea. Surely it will leave marks?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Parked in front of the first charger to be a pain in the ass. Maybe I'll just blame the Model X that was using it before me.

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Did they make you pop off the center caps? Saving weight? :D
Yup. They don't want to find center caps on the drag strip. When the inspector saw how hard I had to pull to get the caps off, though, he mumbled something about how it would have been fine. I was a bit horrified, btw, when he offered me a flat-bladed screwdriver to pry the caps off. Fortunately, I had the tool. I did remove the charging cables, jack, etc... to cut the weight a bit.

Reactions: Joel S.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
With a blackened out visor you could easily be the Stig from Top Gear :)
Ha! Oh God, no. No, I couldn't. Fortunately for me, this car requires no skill at the dragway... You just shove the pedal down. The Stig (name your favorite version) actually had skills!

(The dragway requires all drivers to wear helmets if the car can do the quarter-mile in less than 14 seconds, and I was surprised and pleased they actually inspect the helmet to make sure it meets current specs.)

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Ha! Oh God, no. No, I couldn't. Fortunately for me, this car requires no skill at the dragway... You just shove the pedal down. The Stig (name your favorite version) actually had skills!

(The dragway requires all drivers to wear helmets if the car can do the quarter-mile in less than 14 seconds, and I was surprised and pleased they actually inspect the helmet to make sure it meets current specs.)
So you knew beforehand to bring your own helmet.

41 - 60 of 162 Posts